PDA

View Full Version : Cai

SpeedRacer
07-25-2002, 08:49 AM
I payed for my cold air intake today i will be installing it on Saturday hopefully. The reason i went with AEM and not INJEN is because even though injen had a greater max gain after the engine warmed up the INJEN didnt work as well. AEM had a consistant gain all the way through so i went with AEM. Do you guys know anything about the tornado? it is inserted into your intake and before the air goes into the throttle body it spins the air. supposedly you get more power like 1-3 horse power and better gas mileage it is only 50 bucks so im thinking about getting it. do any of you guys have experience with this product?

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
Do you guys know anything about the tornado? it is inserted into your intake and before the air goes into the throttle body it spins the air. supposedly you get more power like 1-3 horse power and better gas mileage it is only 50 bucks so im thinking about getting it. do any of you guys have experience with this product?
I highly doubt that is true. I'm assuming you've seen it on ebay. Don't fall for that crap, it's a waste of money

SpeedRacer
07-25-2002, 09:49 AM
i didn't see it on e-bay the shop i get all my stuff sells it. 50 bucks isnt that much money for the gain. it is guaranteed on the boc or your money back but whatever i was wondering if you have heard of the tornado or used it before. if you have please respond.

fishboy
07-25-2002, 10:02 AM
i've seen infomercials on that thing but i'm not so sure it will work. it has been out for a long time and if it did work i'm sure everybody would have it in their cars. they show you the difference in airflow on tv with some machine, but i don't recall them showing the airflow through any bends of anykind. just get it and let us know if it works.

on a similiar note i saw this on ebay and thought it was funny:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1845340550

Busta J
07-25-2002, 11:23 AM
It's complete crap. I've read on other forums about the amazing 0 hp gain. As well as a few stories about how the thing has gotton sucked up into the throttle body on a few cars.

Avoid it.

SpeedRacer
07-26-2002, 12:04 AM
im going to have to sleep on this because if you heard that shit about it i probly wont get it but do you have a link to any of those forums?

Busta J
07-26-2002, 05:50 AM
ClubSi (http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=941637&Forum=UBB1&Words=tornado&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=100&Old=allposts&Main=941637)

vtec24
07-26-2002, 11:08 PM
Just testing something

SpeedRacer
07-26-2002, 11:26 PM
i dont know everyone says it sucks but i want to find out for myself 50bucks isnt that much. they come in diffrnt sizes if people are getting it stuck in thare throttle body it is because they arn't getting the right size it is leterally impossible to get it in your throttle body if you have the right size. anyways we will see i will probly end up spending the money on something else i guess now like maybe a can of paint for those ugly orange lights up front of my car.