PDA

View Full Version : Muffler

SpeedRacer
07-25-2002, 08:52 AM
I thinking not to go with the cat back im going to buy a 400$ titanium Muffler that nobody has around hear and do custom piping. Will i still get good performance gains? Oh yea i heard titanium muffler would sound better then stainless steel, Is this true that the diffrnt types of matarial will make diffrnt sounds? ANd i heard titanium sound really nice do you guys agree with this? thanks a million for all your help guys.

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
I thinking not to go with the cat back im going to buy a 400$ titanium Muffler that nobody has around hear and do custom piping. Will i still get good performance gains? Oh yea i heard titanium muffler would sound better then stainless steel, Is this true that the diffrnt types of matarial will make diffrnt sounds? ANd i heard titanium sound really nice do you guys agree with this? thanks a million for all your help guys.
a titanium muffler? Where did you see this....let me guess ebay?

SpeedRacer
07-25-2002, 09:48 AM
no no no you always say e-bay the shop i buy all my stuff. havn't you heard of veilside? it is an awesome company. Anyways the titanium muffler looks bad ass and ways close to nothing. It is super super light. I havn't heard it but it is supposed to be a pritty nice sound too.

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
no no no you always say e-bay the shop i buy all my stuff. havn't you heard of veilside? it is an awesome company. Anyways the titanium muffler looks bad ass and ways close to nothing. It is super super light. I havn't heard it but it is supposed to be a pritty nice sound too.
:D sorry about the ebay thing.
I don't know about the muffler though. Go for it though if it looks good, sounds good and doesn't sound too loud

smapzy
07-25-2002, 02:24 PM
Speed, R U sure it only cost $400 to buy the Veilside titanium muffler? Veilside stuff is hella expesive and you are talking titanium too!!! If this is the case, it's a super deal. :D Oh by the way, if you heat up the titanium, it will give you the afterburn color, but once it's cool down it turn back to normal...very cool.

Does the shop have an e-mail address or do mail order? I'm very intersted.

SpeedRacer
07-25-2002, 03:09 PM
yea i will hook you up. im buds with most of them so why dont we wait and get it together they will hook me up more if we do that. He said they are sold out in japan right now and he only has one but im sure he could get another if i tell him I want 2. It is supposed to be a very low sound. Very Deep and it looks kick ass on are cars i had my friend get under my car and hold it up after i saw that i was like i have to have it.

smapzy
07-25-2002, 03:36 PM
Do you have some picture of it?

beretta627
07-25-2002, 04:40 PM

people spend a shit load of dough to look good huh. an ES Oval for under $100 bucks + custom piping will do the same shit, and not sound super loud. You're not going to get "big gains" from just an exhaust, or "just an exahust + boltons." You probably won't even feel the addition of an exhaust when you're driving, just hearing it.

Now if you had a turbo ... putting an exhaust on makes all the good sense in the world.

:cool:

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by beretta627

Now if you had a turbo ... putting an exhaust on makes all the good sense in the world.

:cool:
I agree with ya. I'm not bothering with modding until about 2 years from now, and hopefully a lot more will be out there. Turbo sounds like a good idea. 9.8.10 compression is pretty good for stock with a turbo, right? The 96-00 civics had higher compression than that if I remember correctly

SpeedRacer
07-25-2002, 11:55 PM
that is what im going na. any one can stick a turbo on and go fast. my exhaust is going to come in handy trust me specially when im done port and pollishingl im going to go full race status. im not trying to have a loud car i said it is a really deep noise unlike the cheap coke can noise you get from a 100 muffler. Im spending money because i want quality products , and you get plenty of performance gains with an exhaust on are cars. have you seen how small are stock piping is after you get exhaust you will actually feal vtec anyways thanks for all of your opinions and i will get pictures of it or atleast try to get pictures of it on saturday if i have a cam with me