PDA

View Full Version : Which car to take four adults in, on a road trip?

ep pilot
02-02-2003, 12:07 PM
Question: I am planning a road trip with a my girlfriend, my best friend and his girlfriend in a few weeks, we will be going wine tasting, which will be about an hour and a half drive. My girl drives a 2002 RSX, my buddy drives a 2000 Integra LS, his girl drives a 2001 Eclipse GS, and of course I have a 2002 SI. We can

Type X
02-02-2003, 12:12 PM
if your not dropped.. . take your car

if your stock
get $ for gas. . . . .

IceD out N CALI
02-02-2003, 12:54 PM
the ep, probably the best for rear passengers

Will2K2
02-02-2003, 01:27 PM
If you're all college students don't be bitching about not being able to afford a rental car.

Each one of you drives a pretty sweet car, that Most (if not all ) college kids would kill for.

BTW

the EP is by far the nicest for rear seat passengers

W

RMC22
02-02-2003, 02:15 PM
Yeah really, what the hell.. all four of you have pretty respectable cars for college. I tell you, my new stereotype is this: Teens in California drive nice cars. All I here about are 16 year olds with RSX-S and ITR's..well wtf, i wanted in on that lol. Only in California... It should really be its own country. Well, enough of this rant since there are tons of people from the west that will come and break out some sort of verbal diarhea assault. Have fun wine tasting, we dont do that in the midwest because our wine sucks. lol i sound bitter dont i... no seriously man.. Take the EP on any road trip and youll be glad. Eclipses are the worst for backseat riding, even front is fairly cramped. Have a good trip, and drive drunk. Er, dont drive drunk.

smokincivic
02-02-2003, 02:33 PM
I dunno about his situation but I am a sophmore in college and I can't get a rental car because of my age, I'm 19 and you have to be 21 to get a rental car:(

RMC22
02-02-2003, 03:40 PM
I believe you can get rentals at 18..except you dont get a choice vehice (or in other words you get a piece of shit) plus you have to pay tons of extra fees for being "under age" . Possible? yes. Easy? Nope.

TrippZ
02-02-2003, 03:47 PM
in tx you need to be 25 to rent a car

stop bitching

take the si

make them pay for gas.

end of story, and summarizes everything

much love, john.

ULTRAMANIA
02-02-2003, 04:19 PM
hey.. i'm a college student as well and i take four in my car all the time cause my other friends dont' have cars here at college... i go to school in the napa valley/saint helena area and everything is pretty far away from us, such as the bay area and things like that.. so our drives are 2 hours or more if you really want to go anywhere.. it's not the roomiest, but it's roomy enough for that short of a ride and compared to the other rides... so yea. .i would go with your car, just avoid the integra.. ;) ...

BTW: are you coming to the napa valley/saint helena area? if so i'm like real close from there... maybe i'll see ya.. wh en you coming?

X 2KS2K
02-02-2003, 05:46 PM
I drove around for an entire day with 5 adults in my car and nobody complained... about the car at least. Take the Si.

SiR Medic
02-03-2003, 06:11 AM
:confused:

Why do you even have to ask this question? Take your Si because:

1/ Better rear head room.

2/ Its better to drive in the front seat than cram yourself in back.

Better yet; quit trying to ram 4 people and all their stuff into small cars and simply take two. If you can afford to own these cars you should be able to afford the extra gas.

Gibhunter
02-03-2003, 06:41 AM
Eclipse has the softest seats and suspension and I'm pretty sure it has more room in the back but less headroom. So put the girls in the backseat of the Eclipse and everyone should be comfy:)

Mad02Si
02-03-2003, 07:35 AM
Shit man Eclipes's have no rear leg room if your over 5'8 take the SI it has the best leg room and head space.

Gibhunter
02-03-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Mad02Si
Shit man Eclipes's have no rear leg room if your over 5'8 take the SI it has the best leg room and head space.

Maybe, I've only been in the front. Still compared to my stock base RSX, the Eclipse feels as soft as a cadillac.

blueiedgod
02-03-2003, 12:58 PM
take your Si and your girl rides with you, your friend takes his Teg and his girl, get walkie-talkies and you are fine.
To others: if they are going wine tasting, they have to be 21 at least. so the rental surcharges don't apply. :-)