PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! How to remove door sill???

swatman
02-02-2003, 01:51 PM
Please help!! I am trying to run 8 guage power cable from battery to the amplifier which I plan to mount under driver's seat. There is a factory hole on the driver side where the power cable can enter the cabin.

Now I need to run the along the side panel under the plastic door sill to the driver seat area. I just can't get the damn plastic door sill off!!! I popped the little plastic cap next to gas door release latch. I removed the screw under the cap. The door sill won't budge. I can't find any screws or clips that hold the door sill to the chassis. I am stuck.

Thanks in advance.

Si4U2NV
02-02-2003, 02:03 PM
hope this helpz...

u need to get this (A) panel off before u can take the "sill" off (if the "sill" is wha i think u mean)...

first reach forward and pop this part (A) out then after u have taken the screw out (B--the one u mentioned earlier) the "sill" should just pop UP out...

see if that helpz

:)

-Mike

Si4U2NV
02-02-2003, 02:04 PM
...im an idiot...i forgot to attach the pic...

swatman
02-02-2003, 02:48 PM
Mike, thanks for your post. You are right, the sill I was talking about is the (B) piece. I still have problem removing the (A) piece. I released the one clip all the way inside (there is a hole on (A) piece to release this inside clip). However, I still can't remove the (A) piece. Is there another clip hiden inside (A) piece. Which direction should I pull to remove this piece? I'm afraid to break the clip if I pull in the wrong direction.

Si4U2NV
02-02-2003, 03:07 PM
hold on lemme run outside and check...meanwhile... do u have AIM? it would be alot easier to explain if we were on AIM...

if not DOWNLOAD IT!! :D

http://www.aim.com (www.aim.com)

-Mike

TrippZ
02-02-2003, 03:19 PM
yo mike, IM me at newagetripp would ya, i got a question

ta2dSi
02-02-2003, 03:21 PM
My buddy and I just installed an amp and ran the wire through the wheel well. You have to take the wheel well plastic out, (like 2 screws and some push pins) and it falls right out.

Then put a light in the wheel well, and stick your head under the dash. There is a clear grommet there that you can poke a hole in and feed your wire through. This is how we did it.

And oh, don't forget to silicone the grommet once you are finished running the wire/wires.

Si4U2NV
02-02-2003, 03:26 PM
ok here you go... pull it to the RIGHT (or towardz the passenger side) then pull it out (or towardz the BACK of the car) and then it should be popped off...

ENJOY

PS- i made u a lil step by step...:D

Si4U2NV
02-02-2003, 05:54 PM
...u havent replied for a while... i hope ur car didnt explode or anything..... HOPE MY MINI DIY GIF helped...

-Mike;)

swatman
02-03-2003, 10:28 AM
MIKE, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!

Sorry I had to leave the house to go to work yesterday afternoon(little side job to pay for my car accessories) and came home pretty late.

I popped out the A panel as you described. Love your little animated GIF, very cool. As for the door sill (B panel), I popped the clips out, but it got stuck in the back (where it connects to the seat belt joint and rear panel). Even with the back of the sill stucked, it gave me enough opening to run my 8 guage cable. Mission accomplished, thanks to your advice. I will mount and connect my amp this coming weekend.

Just for future reference in case I need to remove the door sill completely, do I need to remove the seat belt joint or the rear panel?

swatman
02-03-2003, 11:01 AM
I planned to do the same this coming weekend, running the wire along the driver's side wheel well to the battery. I was trying to do it last weekend, but got stucked trying to remove door sill to run the wire to driver seat. Mike helped me out with that.

Did you mount the amp under the driver seat? That's what I plan to do. I want to screw the amp down to the chassis under the driver seat with 2 small screw. Is there anything under the driver seat chassis that I should worry about (like fuel line)? I don't want to cause any explosion!!!

Originally posted by ta2dSi
My buddy and I just installed an amp and ran the wire through the wheel well. You have to take the wheel well plastic out, (like 2 screws and some push pins) and it falls right out.

Then put a light in the wheel well, and stick your head under the dash. There is a clear grommet there that you can poke a hole in and feed your wire through. This is how we did it.

And oh, don't forget to silicone the grommet once you are finished running the wire/wires.

whtep19
02-04-2003, 02:57 PM
How do you remove the back piece where the rear seat belt is located? I am trying to run 4 gauge under there and I am having a really difficult time with this.