PDA

View Full Version : U Better Check THis Out EVERYONE!!!

rocket_civic
02-02-2003, 03:54 PM
I have around 24,000 miles on my Si, and already i've had several waranty things done. Here are the most recent you might want to check out at your honda dealership.

I had a Valve adjustment done, the techs at honda said that gap between the rocker and the valve was twice what it is supposed to be.
Also my idler pulley and tensioner pulley are bad and they had to order those (which are on back order).

I would have those things looked at asap.
The noise i was hearing as like a wizzing sound inside the engine bay(obviously) and it happened at low rpms.
If you have any questions to this if this is happening to you give me a buzz at rocket_civic @hotmail.com

Trevor

02TafWhtSi
02-02-2003, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up - I've been noticing some odd engine bay sounds lately w/ only 6800 mi clocked so I'll have em' take a look.

cease
02-02-2003, 06:56 PM
your not the only thats had problems. my civic had 1300 miles when it OVERHEATED! while on the freeway in normal traffic conditions.

it turned out to be a bad temp. sending unit!
its ok know

IceD out N CALI
02-02-2003, 07:23 PM
thanks for the heads up:)

sonic imperial
02-03-2003, 07:54 AM
I'm getting a whistling/pinging sound during acceleration uphill and I'm at 8600 miles. I'm going have them check the valves at the 10,000 mile service interval.

glizard
02-03-2003, 06:39 PM
the engines in the rsx's have had bulletins out on the power steering pulley and we even had to switch to an updated belt to eliminate noise. so you might want to keep an ear out for that
the pinging noises on the other hand sound s like you might be low a little on oil?

sonic imperial
02-04-2003, 07:50 AM
I checked the oil last night on a flat surface and it is right at the top mark on the dipstick so it is full. Shouldn't be a problem with oil. I don't know what the noise is, I've noticed it since having about 4000 miles on the car.