PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Civic Si 2003 in a few weeks!

gito
02-03-2003, 08:36 AM
Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you could give some GOOD reason to buy this car? I've already made my decision, well I am still thinking a little bit to be honest. Is this car with " many problems" for being it's first year? any + or - about it? thanks

hamproof
02-03-2003, 08:51 AM
I've about 5000 miles on my car. Though it is everything I had expected, I didn't expect the following:

1. Rattles all over the left and right side of the car.
2. Gaps around trims which seem unnatural to me esp. around the cluster/gauge area
3. Weird wind noise at speed above 60mph
4. Cluster lighting is pretty bad at dawn/dusk driving time

I expected the stock tire to suck as well as the radio. Love the shifter and functionality of the hatch. Seat is pretty good but it is hard to find a perfect sitting position. If you find it, make sure you never move it.

I'm still trying to fix my rattles but some owners have whisper quiet car. I think Michigan roads have something to do with it since metro Detroit has got to have the worst road in US. Since you are in Michigan, if you are in Detroit area, be prepared.

And don't pay more than $16k w/ dest. included (before TTL) no matter what the dealer tells you.

IceD out N CALI
02-03-2003, 09:07 AM
I enjoy my car. As i would say to anybody ready to buy a car, make sure you are 100% sure you want a car before you buy it. :)

Z26
02-03-2003, 11:28 AM
I HAVE JUST OVER 1200 MILES AND THE CAR IS PERFECT. COMPARED TO MY 99 MUSTANG THIS THING IS A BANK VAULT. I AM SO HAPPY WITH THIS CAR. IT DOES HAVE A LITTLE NOISE ABOVE 70 BUT ITS NOT REALLY BAD. I WOULD MUCH RATHER HERE THE WIND THAN MY ENGINE SCREAMING AT 4500 RPM. THE CAR IS VERY QUITE AROUNT THE TOWN. THE TIRES ARE HORRIBLE, IT FEELS LIKE YOUR DRIVING AROUND ON BALD TIRES. SORRY FOR ALL CAPS!!!!!!!

mental
02-03-2003, 02:00 PM
DONT BUY AN 03SI!!!!! shop around, but quickly i might add and find an 02SI, you will get a much better deal no joke! when i first started looking they were advertised at like 19,000 and after only about a week of looking we found a dealer near us had three 02s sitting on the lot marked down to 14,000 because the 03s where about to come in... so my advice is shop around, but dont take to long to decide or they will all be gone!

anjapower
02-03-2003, 02:13 PM
16k is too optimistic for a 03 Si. They still have an entire calendar year to sell the 03 so they won't be willing to bargain with you. If you're looking spend around 16k, look for an 02 -- Those you can get for 15.5k from almost any dealer.

I have 900 miles on my 03 and the only things that I don't like are how hard it is to keep the black interior clean and the fact that the bumper color doesn't match the car. The first one is excuseable, but the second problem is driving me nuts. On my VBP Si, my bumpers are almost a greenish blue. I'm gonna see if I can get them repainted. Other than that, it has been a great car in the short time I've owned it.

IceD out N CALI
02-03-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by mental
DONT BUY AN 03SI!!!!! shop around, but quickly i might add and find an 02SI, you will get a much better deal no joke! when i first started looking they were advertised at like 19,000 and after only about a week of looking we found a dealer near us had three 02s sitting on the lot marked down to 14,000 because the 03s where about to come in... so my advice is shop around, but dont take to long to decide or they will all be gone!

yeah hes right, go for the 02's. save some big $$:)

Accordexcpe95
02-03-2003, 06:10 PM
sup everyone, i am in the situation that gito is in, i am planning to get a si in few weeks.. i have been in this forum for awhile researching if the car it's a good buy or not.. my question is, did u regret that u buy the si and wut things do u like/hate about the car. it'll be great if u can tell me some pros and cons. thanx :D

by the way, is 03 si for under 16G(included tax and destination) good price or can it go lower? :)

Suk02Si
02-03-2003, 06:16 PM
the only thing I dislike about the Si is the fact that I can't stop driving it. I have a beater to drive around, for work and what not, but I always end up driving the Si, there's no way around it, I can't stop, I need help, its too much fun.

IceD out N CALI
02-03-2003, 06:26 PM
I dont regret buying mine (actually i'm leasing it for 3 yrs). I've had it since late march and enjoy it more as time goes on. I think doing a few little mods really has gone a long way with this vehicle:)

chet
02-03-2003, 06:53 PM
I definitely do not regret buying the car. Its the most fun I have had since the mescaline at that last Trey show. Anyway. . . treat the car you buy with respect. Yes treat it like a lady. Whatever the car, and it will be loyal and dependable just like a . . .I almost said woman. Don't rag it as soon as you get it or she'll shit on you. I got spanked on price. Don't go over 15, 5 for an 02.

-LAW-
02-03-2003, 08:19 PM
Well NO REGRETS here ... i am happy with my 02 EP .. i got mine 16,100 out the door with Fogs and carbon trim ... pretty nice .. i Love the car ...

civic hatch boi
02-03-2003, 08:30 PM
best purchase of my life.. cept that hooker when i was 17. she was nice.

IceD out N CALI
02-03-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by LAW
Well NO REGRETS here ... i am happy with my 02 EP .. i got mine 16,100 out the door with Fogs and carbon trim ... pretty nice .. i Love the car ...

wow thats one of the best deals anyone has gotten for an ep, congrats

SubliminalSi
02-03-2003, 08:48 PM
youll love the car, some people had a few problems at first, but very few were major.

gito
02-03-2003, 08:58 PM
Thanks to all of you for your advice. But I have a question, what's a EP? and what kind of problems have you guys got with the Si?

tsa1
02-03-2003, 09:53 PM
EP= new si and so on

IceD out N CALI
02-04-2003, 12:25 AM
Ep= chassis code for the 2002+si. only prob i've had with my si so far is the weather stripping on the driver side of the door got a little loose