PDA

View Full Version : Hi im new!!

EATMYDUST
02-03-2003, 03:23 PM
just wanted to say hi to everyone. im from pa. i got a silver ep 2002. i just got it a few months ago...got a killer deal on it since it was the last 02. ive been reading all the post on here the past few weeks and i learned alot so far about the ep and would like to thank everyone. 2 main things that concern me is how poor it is on gas and the oil loss. i get about 210 miles on the full tank until the gas light comes on and i just put 3500 miles on it and checked my oil and was 1 1/2 gt's low. so i guess this is normal for the ep??? whats the story with yours. what do you guys get out of a full tank and hows your oil loss.
my car is 100% stock for now. i got the hks cat back on the way and im not shure what i want to do about an intake yet. with the aem cold air they dont have the bi pass valve. they say you cant fit it anywhere. i dont want to take the chance sucking up water so i might go with a short ram. well hope to here from ya's. bye for now. eatmydust

IceD out N CALI
02-03-2003, 03:26 PM
welcome to the site and congrats on the car. Dont worry bout the oil, that is how it is for many ep hatches for roughly the first 5k.

silver ep
02-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the site!, the best thing you can do is use the search feature to locate info on fuel and oil consumption, lots of info on that subject here.

Also a lot of us are waiting on the Comptech Icebox when it comes out instead of getting a CAI, you might wanna consider that option.

taikahn
02-03-2003, 03:30 PM
welcome -- youll love the ep

I get 210 miles per tank as well -- hasent gotten any better for me yet -- im at 2200 miles or so ---

I had a AEM with bypass on my last car --- it sucked water up once--- Im going short ram this time.

golferjn
02-03-2003, 09:47 PM
congrats on the ep. welcome and hello

Makross
02-03-2003, 10:54 PM
congrats :) on your new car a si is the first car i ever owned n i really enjoy drivin it gettin a oil change tomorrow