PDA

View Full Version : DHeffernan -- Marietta, GA

DHeffernan
02-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the site. I'm glad to see fellow lovers of the hatch. My car is pretty much stock, with a few lame dealer options that I couldn't get rid of, so they decided to throw in. I want to mod my car, tastefully, non-rice style, but my income is fixed and the money comes in at a steady rate. I was wondering what you guys out there thought would be the most important and cost effective part, in terms of apperance / performance / handling differences. Any thoughts? I was thinking an AEM CAI first, but lowering springs sounds like a good idea, too. Also, Hondata's ECU upgrade, anyone know how much it is to install tune? Thanks for all the help guys.

ssvr6
02-03-2003, 07:58 PM
Welcome to the site. Please read the post about the posting format in this forum.

Thanks,

Steve

golferjn
02-03-2003, 09:37 PM
welcome and hello

fASTBACK
02-03-2003, 10:09 PM
Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your stay with us. I would say the best mod. anybody can do to their car would be the AEM CAI in my opinion. Kind of costly but you get what you pay for most of the time and this is the time. :D I am a proud owner of an AEM CAI and I vow not to buy any other brand of intake for any other cars I will own down the road.

ChapSchtick
02-03-2003, 10:32 PM
welcome aboard! as for the first MOD, I absolutley could not wait more than a week after buying my '03 to put Nuespeed racing springs on her. Intake came shortly there after as did some other things but springs were first. The difference that they make in the overall appearence of the car is unmistakable, not too mention the ride quality. my two cents, and enjoy the new car!

IceD out N CALI
02-03-2003, 11:32 PM
congrats and welcome. I agree, nuespeed race springs are a good relatively first cheap mod to do. it will improve the look of the car quite a bit by lowering it over 2 inches:cool:

DHeffernan
02-04-2003, 07:53 AM
Hey, yeah, the AEM CAI, or the Lowering springs is what I was thinking for my first few mods. I was wondering what the lowest prices for these were; I've found a few AEM CAI's (anyone know how much hp it adds at the wheels? I've heard quite a lot since the engine needs it so much) for around $180, which seems like pretty cheap to me, but the lowering springs... I really have no clue on. If it lowers it 2 inches, does that change the camber, or how fast the tires wear down? What is the best brand / model, and does anyone have a link for the cheapest price? Also, around how much would the install be? This is my first car, I'm kinda in the dark about a lot of things. Thanks for all the help.

Si02
02-04-2003, 07:59 AM
Hey bro welcome to the site. There is a ton of stuff already answered use the search button and you'll find everything you need. Alot of people get tired of repeating. Enjoy!!:D

fASTBACK
02-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by DHeffernan
Hey, yeah, the AEM CAI, or the Lowering springs is what I was thinking for my first few mods. I was wondering what the lowest prices for these were; I've found a few AEM CAI's (anyone know how much hp it adds at the wheels? I've heard quite a lot since the engine needs it so much) for around $180, which seems like pretty cheap to me, but the lowering springs... I really have no clue on. If it lowers it 2 inches, does that change the camber, or how fast the tires wear down? What is the best brand / model, and does anyone have a link for the cheapest price? Also, around how much would the install be? This is my first car, I'm kinda in the dark about a lot of things. Thanks for all the help.

Here's the link to your AEM power question.
http://www.aempower.com/application/induction_application.htm

As for the springs, I have the eibach pro-kit. Only lowers it about 1' 1/2 but I want it that way. Eibach also have the sportlines which does a 2' drop. The lowest drop I have seen with springs is from Neuspeed.

CivicHB
02-13-2003, 06:25 AM
Another fellow Si'er from Ga. A rare breed.Welcome.

Springs first.IMO

atl-si
02-13-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by CivicHB
Another fellow Si'er from Ga. A rare breed.Welcome.

Springs first.IMO
I second both. Definitely get the sucker lowered!:D

Peking
02-13-2003, 06:24 PM
Good another Si in Atlanta. Go for the cold air for sure. Shop around for it- nopi.com, aempower.com, injen.com and then see if your dealer has a performance center to try to beat the prices you find. For the springs try tirerack.com you can find alot of products there.

Golfzilla
02-13-2003, 08:46 PM
Try this for best prices: Adventon.com

DHeffernan
02-14-2003, 09:33 PM
Thanks for all the help you guys, you've been a lot of help.

civicSIracer
02-16-2003, 11:21 AM
the first mods i did was the AEM cold air, neuspeed race springs and the energy suspension sway bar bushings...

HondaMan
02-16-2003, 11:29 AM
Greetings fellow GA EP owner! My dad lives in Marietta, so I'm around there ever now and then. I've seen a white EP there with black 16" Spoon wheels with Toyo tires (no drop).

BTW, drop it first then get a CAI. Maybe I'll see you at a meet some day < http://ephatch.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=56 >.

Welcome aboard! This is post # 1500! :D