PDA

View Full Version : why no t.v. ads?

stingyboy
07-25-2002, 02:10 PM
has anyone else noticed that there isn't any television advertising for our Si's? the only ones i've seen lately are honda racing and that hybrid.

you'd think for a car with "revolutionary styling" (at least for honda) that they would be all about getting the word out, especially through t.v..

CleanBlackSi02
07-25-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by stingyboy
has anyone else noticed that there isn't any television advertising for our Si's? the only ones i've seen lately are honda racing and that hybrid.

you'd think for a car with "revolutionary styling" (at least for honda) that they would be all about getting the word out, especially through t.v..

I've seen a few different commercials...

iR-VTEC2
07-25-2002, 02:22 PM
me too.

"The New Civic Si, You'll Know It When You See It"
and the funny one where the kid gets outta the car in the middle of the road and starts doing the whiteboy dance...

"The New Civic Si, Figures"

stingyboy
07-25-2002, 02:23 PM
hmmmmmmmm..... must differ from region to region then. i've seen nothing in CA.

HondaMan
07-25-2002, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I've seen the one where a Si drives through a parking garage setting off all the car alarms/lights or something like that.

2k2civicSi
07-25-2002, 02:32 PM
they run every 5 hrs here in md i see them all the time
the one in the parking lot the one on the country roads

CleanBlackSi02
07-25-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan
Yeah, I've seen the one where a Si drives through a parking garage setting off all the car alarms/lights or something like that.

**Good reason to get loud exhaust.** Commercial emulation.

NetDragon
07-25-2002, 02:46 PM

I thought that was a Isuzu Aeiro or how ever you spell that. It looks sorta like the Si, with the nice big head lights and being a hatch, but it is not as fast and not even close to as sexy!

iR-VTEC2
07-25-2002, 04:35 PM
Nope that's the Si commercial.

"The New Civic Si. You'll Know It When You See It"

BlazeX12
07-25-2002, 08:44 PM
i have seen a bunch here in VA. One where there is not talking, its just driving through the desert very fast, then you get a panoramic view of the desert, the Si goes flying by from right to lefft, you get kind of a sound barrier breaking sound and rumble.. Then "2002 Civic Si... It figures" then there is the one where it says, the honda civic Si as a muslce car....you see it driving around the moutains, at the end this skinny white kid gets out and flexs hiw muscles...It figures. there are more, but thise are the best.

DJQuikFingaz
07-25-2002, 08:45 PM
I've also seen a lot in CA.

SmoothOperator
07-25-2002, 09:03 PM
We got a commercial in Canada with this guy teaching a class...then he starts rambling off about shifting. They kind of highlight the shifter in it.

RacingCivicSi02
07-25-2002, 09:50 PM
I seen a couple. There was one where he goes out the car and starts dancing. Then there was one where it had a mountain run said mucsle something. There was a couple more. I forgot

stingyboy
07-25-2002, 10:04 PM
guess i need to start watching more t.v. :o