PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Read This!

SilverArrow
07-25-2002, 03:25 PM
I can't believe I left this behind from all of my fellow Si owners but I am going to tell you now...

When I first purchased my car straight off the lot w/ 19 miles on it, the gass tank was filled for me. I was really excited about the car so I drove it everywhere. First off all my previous car was a 1982 Camaro Z28(350ci)! GAS GUZZLER!! I went straight to this 4 cylinder car. This is also my first manual car. First of all I was still getting used to the stick shift so that couldn't help with gas milage and by the second night driving it, I thought it was a little weird pulling up to the bowling ally with...here it goes...

312 MILES ON THE CAR AT 1/2 TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was like no way!

I go bowling and come out to show my buddy my new SI and told him to start it up.

NOPE!

Just kept cranking and cranking. After a bit, my buddy ran to the gas station and bought a gallon of gas and we popped it in and it started right up. I was a little pissed that I ran out of gas on a brand new car hoping to god it doesn't cause further damage.

I took it to the dealer ship the following week and it turned out some sort of clips on the inside of the gas take were broken and the sensor wasn't reading properly. Of course with my luck they didn't have the parts in stock and had to order them. TWO days later they get them and put them in and it has been fine ever since. :D :D :D

Sorry so long but it is a serious issue. I advise all to have this checked out wile still in warranty. Good luck everyone.

SpeedRacer
07-25-2002, 03:30 PM
wow that sucks man. i would have been embarrased in front of my friends.

NetDragon
07-25-2002, 03:54 PM
Hehe.. Funny... every single car I have ever owned has had this problem. My first car, a 1964 Plymouth Valient POS V6. Understandable, since my mother was 14 years old when this car was made! Second car, a 1984 Mazda GLC. Same problem. Needle just dropped to nothing. I had to use the milage to know when to fill up. Still at least sliughtly understandable, since I was 6 when that car was made. My 3rd car, a 1993 Saturn SL1. Actually, I do not remember if that one has gas sensor problems or not. I do not think it did. My 4th car, a 2000 Ford Focus SE Sport. It was intermittant and every time I took it to the dealer they could not find a problem. Hopefully I will have better luck with my Si. Seriously though, congradulations on your Si! Break it is slow man, but it should not take long if you are putting 300 miles on it that fast!

You lucked out on running it dry. Normally the injectors get all clogged and some other problems when they run dry, but it is brand new and nice and perfectly clean inside so I guess it was not much of an issue.

SilverArrow
07-25-2002, 05:14 PM
Well now I already have 4700 miles on my car and haven't even had it 2 months yet. It's been going good so far...in due time it will be a lot better(if you know what I mean):p :cool:

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by SilverArrow

312 MILES ON THE CAR AT 1/2 TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was like no way!

I was thinking the same thing :D I only get like 150 on the half tank :D

MagusDC5
07-26-2002, 09:54 AM
as soon as you get to 300 miles fill your tank. I did that with my old Si, and I do it with my Type S as well.

HondaMan
07-26-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by SilverArrow
Well now I already have 4700 miles on my car and haven't even had it 2 months yet. It's been going good so far...in due time it will be a lot better(if you know what I mean):p :cool:

Wow, I've had mine for just over 2 months (got it 05/20/02) and only have about 1380 miles on it. However, I'm going to put about 500 miles on it this weekend...driving up to Seattle/Everett and back.