PDA

View Full Version : Simple Graphics Test

ChapSchtick
02-04-2003, 03:30 PM
Just doodling around with an idea for some simple custom graphics fro my EP, this is the first installment (maybe last). It's just a rough idea as I am not really sure that I want graphics on her but checking it out any way.

Tell me what you guys think.

hacim
02-04-2003, 03:32 PM
GAY!!!!

SiR Medic
02-04-2003, 03:40 PM
*SIGH*
:(

You should know that there are few fans of decals around here. And that, by asking peoples opinion about such a thing, you are opening yourself to a flaming onslaught.

Why would you want decals on your car anyway? It already looks GREAT with those wheels (17" Konig Heliums? I want some of those for myself!)

Keep the car subtle as possible. Worry about performance mods first. Decals give a car a more "cheap" look.

The only decal that is truly considered tasteful here is that one that says "ephatch.com" in small silver letters:)

P.S. I give this thread 30 posts before it gets locked!:o

Jpax
02-04-2003, 03:57 PM
I give it 20.;)

that look ok.

Surprise
02-04-2003, 04:01 PM
Graphics on a show car=acceptable
graphics on a daily driver=:(

HeelToePro
02-04-2003, 04:23 PM
This is just my opinion...

FOr a show car graphics are a must, but on a daily driver you might want to reconsider. First off, I live in LA and I do not want to attract any attention. When people notice the fancy decals and other mods, your car instantly becomes a target. Second, I am just the kind of person that hates graphics on cars, ever since those damn ricers put Nike Swooshes and Oakley logos on thier cars, I just stick with no graphics and decals. Your graphics design looks pretty good. If you like it, go for it, forget everybodies opinions!! Thats just what I say.

ChapSchtick
02-04-2003, 05:01 PM
ya, i figured it would get hammered, but i wanted to test the waters anyway. you al lmake good points, the best being that for show, sure, for daily, no way. Makes sense too about being a target. I reckon I will scrap the idea unless I can come up with something else. But I do thank yous, and for hacim, don't hold back brother, tell how you really feel, lol :p

p.s. The wheels are RH CP8s.

myeverlovinsir
02-04-2003, 06:31 PM
Just in case you had any reservations....

Look at your car, look real hard, it's so sweet as it is. You have graphics, they exist temporarily everywhere you go. The glow on black is just beatiful! If your wavering and thinking of graphics, there is no way you would be satisfied with em. Your car is a moving graphical work of art. Take heed and keep it simple, you have all you need right now. It's not on my desktop because it looks like shit!;)

ssvr6
02-04-2003, 06:35 PM
What's funny is, the lights in the garage are making the same "graphic" on his car.

Steve

ChapSchtick
02-04-2003, 07:39 PM
I must admit, I hadn't really considered it all that much, I just had recently seen some Mugen graphics on an EK i think it was in a magazine and I thought they looked pretty good. But everlovin sealed it for me for the most part, cleaned up and shining the only graphics I need are whats reflected in that beautiful deep black shine. Thanks again guys I knew you wouldn't steer me wrong.

p.s. I wouldnt think this was a loackable thread as it does illustrate something simple out there that some others might be considering. That being graphics, simple or flashy, are not excatly a good idea. Opinionated yes, but helpful also. Peace.

Type X
02-04-2003, 08:49 PM
vinyl is the genital herpes of the import tuning scene

i-WERKS
02-05-2003, 10:13 AM
I'm not a fan of graphics but DO WHAT PLEASES YOU.
Don't stop yourself from doing what you want just because some people tell you "that's gay"
I think that design looks like the Mugen one. I don't have a pic of it but I think you should go for the Mugen design.
Some people like their cars to be unique and look different from others. Decals are one way to go. Some cars look pretty good with them.

At least your choice of graphics don't cover 50% of your car

ChapSchtick
02-05-2003, 02:48 PM
Just as a side note, here is the picture that the idea came from. I still think it looks pretty sharp, but as I don' have any Mugen products it might be silly to put their name on my car. Just more views and opinions. Thanks again guys.

DownTheHatch
02-05-2003, 02:59 PM
Am I the only one who likes the mugen stripe? If I had something mugen I think it would be cool. It's so simple.

rocket_civic
02-05-2003, 03:35 PM
what size are your cp8's? and what size tires?

XLR8B4U
02-05-2003, 03:52 PM
I really could not care less about what people say..

I pay the payments I like the graphics... When I start receiving checks from people to pay for my car then I will consider their opinion valid....

I LIKE GRAPHICS for my car.. something nice and simple but that gives my car a little something different..

Craig

Type X
02-05-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by XLR8B4U
I really could not care less about what people say..

I pay the payments I like the graphics... When I start receiving checks from people to pay for my car then I will consider their opinion valid....

I LIKE GRAPHICS for my car.. something nice and simple but that gives my car a little something different..

Craig

craig what happened to "vivid motion?"

ChapSchtick
02-05-2003, 06:39 PM
no DTH, you are not the only one, I dig it too :cool: and Rocket, the CP8s are 17x7 with 205/40/17 Nittos

chet
02-05-2003, 09:52 PM
Our cars look better the cleaner they are. I was seriously thinking about decals or a paintjob of some sort. But it just seems that the best lookin EP's are the "plain" ones. Maybe darker colors would look more appealing.

SiR Medic
02-06-2003, 12:28 PM
Part of the reason I don't like graphic is because, historically, they are associated with cheap cars.

Remember the Ford Festiva? It came with "your choice" of graphics packages. To this day I still see the little bastards... Electric Blue paint with Neon Pink decals going down the side.

Upmarket cars, however, never have crap like that. Can you imagine BMWs with pinstripes? A Lexus SC400 with "FEAR THIS" on its windshield? A NSX with picture of Calvin pissing on the Toyota symbol?

Decals look cheap. They are cheap. Thats why so many ricers put them on their cars, because they are one of the cheapest ways to make your car stand out.

The only place decals look right is if they are under the hood and say things like "MUGEN" or "SPOON." And even then, only if they actually came with the performance parts attached.