PDA

View Full Version : question about the ep3

cease
02-04-2003, 09:26 PM
whats up fellas, ive had my si for 4 months now and im still getting this electrick SHOCK everytime "im done using it", or should i say when i touch any metal object. whats up with that? im i the only one having this problem

silver ep
02-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Ive had that happen to me too, it also happened with my EG, must just be a honda thing. :D

kc2480
02-04-2003, 09:31 PM
LOL...

I get that ALL the time.... i got into this habbit of slapping the door so that i don't feel the shock..... and it sucks because you need to get shocked else you will just get electricuted with about anything you touch.. ie door handles, etc.

But yeah, its not just you, at least I get it all the time :)

myeverlovinsir
02-04-2003, 09:34 PM
I think we all know what this is, I have been lucky with this car, but all you need to get rid of it is buy a good ground strip. It hangs from the rear and drags along. ;)

cease
02-04-2003, 09:35 PM
their was on time when i went to unlock the front door of my house, and i saw a blue spark when the key touched the door knob crazy huh

cease
02-04-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
I think we all know what this is, I have been lucky with this car, but all you need to get rid of it is buy a good ground strip. It hangs from the rear and drags along. ;)

is that what that is? i need one

EViLsneakyDUCK
02-04-2003, 09:41 PM
I've been shocked a few times myself...never happened to me when i drove my Sol

JLannoo
02-04-2003, 09:53 PM
I never have it happen on my side. Every passenger gets zapped on the way out though lol...almost everytime. I'm getting used to hearing Cindy (my fiancee) go OWWW!:eek: when she gets out :D

Makross
02-04-2003, 10:00 PM
stop cleaning your feet on the mats

bioevolve
02-04-2003, 10:02 PM
Daily ritual for me also.

IceD out N CALI
02-04-2003, 10:27 PM
I havent gotten zapped at all? guess i'm lucky:)

sonic imperial
02-05-2003, 06:58 AM
this happens to me alot when i go to close the door, and especially when it's cold outside. sometimes it's a pretty nasty shock, pops me good.

Type X
02-05-2003, 07:40 AM
u can also jack up the car
and tie up a little wire under the car to drag in the center to ground the chasis

if u dont want that belt looking thing hanging on the back :D

hacim
02-05-2003, 08:20 AM
That has happened to me sevral times. It gets kinda annoying after a while. Atleast the cold weather seems to deture it a little.

hamproof
02-05-2003, 08:38 AM
More so in the winter season where humitidy is low.

I get zapped everywhere I touch. When I get off my car, I've to use my leg/shoe to shut the door. But then after I take 2 steps, I get a zap from my garage floor right through my shoe. My toes could actually feel it.

Reach up to the garage door and I'm hesitating to turn the knob or not. Touch the wooden (painted) door and zap.

I go anywhere and I can't bear touching the handle. If only the door swing both ways, I can at least kick it. People look at me funny when I hesitate touching the knob or pulling the handle as I try to touch the handle/knob. Zap! Ouch!

I'm like the little rat in a scientist lab doing behavorial science. Do something wrong, zap!

Btw, these are not just little prickly zaps. You can see the sparks and hear it as well.

grooveline
02-05-2003, 09:40 AM
EVILsneakyduck,

what da funk is your avatar? it looks like a big square turd.... and i like it! tell me where you got it from.

poo

NamingException
02-05-2003, 09:40 AM
There was a period of about three weeks that I was getting zapped so bad I didn't want to touch the car, because I knew I was going to get a nasty shock. Pavlov was right! During this same time period, my girlfriend never got a shock. It didn't matter who touched the car first, or anything.

It stopped after a while and I haven't gotten a shock since.

sniperSI
02-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by kc2480
LOL...

I get that ALL the time.... i got into this habbit of slapping the door so that i don't feel the shock..... and it sucks because you need to get shocked else you will just get electricuted with about anything you touch.. ie door handles, etc.

But yeah, its not just you, at least I get it all the time :)

LOL that shit is sooo funny, same thing i do. I've been getting shocked for like 5 years now, i've slapped the back part of my quater panel when i exit a car everytime now people must think i'm a little off always slapping my car.

EViLsneakyDUCK
02-05-2003, 10:18 AM
its like our eps are supercharged or something...:)
oh yeah, grooveling, it is a Domokun. My sister has a Domokun plush that is about a foot high...however there is a 4 foot one too...I have a few more pics of him somewhere on my comp :D

gtaSiR
02-05-2003, 10:44 AM
I get the shock on all my cars, not just the ep.
Here's a quick solution if you don't want the ugly belt thing hanging from the back of your car...

Open the door
Hold any part of the outside edge of the door (metal)
And get out of the car (still holding onto the edge of the door)
Result... no more shock

Just don't lean on the door on your way out or it'll start to sag.

hamproof
02-05-2003, 11:15 AM
Someone told me if I touch and hold on to the side of the car (outside metal) with my body and legs still inside the car, I won't get shock, I get it. As I'm touching the metal, I get shocked.

After exiting and taking a step or 2, I get zapped too (though this is not as frequent). And when I reach the door, I'll get zapped each and every time.

I think my rubber sole shoes that I wear in the winter has something to do with it as well as my winter wool/cashmere blend coat.

cease
02-05-2003, 01:54 PM
where can i buy the rubber strap that hangs under the car? im tired of the zapppinggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ep88
02-05-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by grooveline
EVILsneakyduck,

what da funk is your avatar? it looks like a big square turd.... and i like it! tell me where you got it from.

poo

i have one too :D

EViLsneakyDUCK
02-05-2003, 03:33 PM
ep88, where did you get that? cant save it animated :( only saves as a still shot

gtaSiR
02-05-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by cease
where can i buy the rubber strap that hangs under the car? im tired of the zapppinggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You can get it at any automotive store. I don't live in the US so I'm not sure but Pep Boys probably sells them.

kpxplaya415
02-05-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by EViLsneakyDUCK
ep88, where did you get that? cant save it animated :( only saves as a still shot

Right click, Save Picture As....

Should work and save as GIF unless you have a f'ked up computer.... :D

ep88
02-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by kpxplaya415

Right click, Save Picture As....

Should work and save as GIF unless you have a f'ked up computer.... :D

that's right! :D

03hatch
02-05-2003, 05:42 PM
happens to me all the time now i just closed the door using the door handle...just becareful when you are at the gas station..you dont want to blow up..:D

EViLsneakyDUCK
02-05-2003, 07:09 PM
i was having troubles since after i installed photoshop my comp doesnt recognize .gifs anymore :'(