PDA

View Full Version : help picking out bulbs...

downhil
02-04-2003, 09:50 PM
i know nothing about bulbs except for the model that the si takes. other than that heres what im looking for.....

-brighter than stock
-bluish/white color
-more side coverage
-more distance

im not worried about price (but i dont want hid's), and at least 2 or 3 of the things im looking for would be sweet.
thanks!

Jpax
02-05-2003, 11:02 PM
PIAA EXTREAM WHITE

And the Driving lights PIAA. (the little light above the main light)

Size H4 is what you need for the main bulb.:D

GarDian
02-06-2003, 01:10 PM
yep yep.. PIAA rules!! :D :D

But honestly, if you are not worried about the price, why not get the real HID with 6000K bulbs???

There are companys making H4(9003) HID bulbs so you still retain the high beam and low beam function.

SiR Medic
02-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Can't go wrong with any of the PIAAs. Don't cheap out on the lights, unless you wanna change them more than you change your underwear.

I got PIAA SuperWhite Platinums and they meet all of your requirements.

1/ Brighter than a MoFo'

2/ Bluish-white color (not quite as blue as the Extreme White but close)

3/Very good side coverage, the light has a very distinct cut-off to the side with no mottling or dimming as it moves out.

4/More distance with the beam pattern being distinguished by the focus of the light rather than the strength of the light.

I'll see if I can post pics for ya' tonight of a "driver's view"

:)

TrippZ
02-06-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
Can't go wrong with any of the PIAAs. Don't cheap out on the lights, unless you wanna change them more than you change your underwear.

I got PIAA SuperWhite Platinums and they meet all of your requirements.

1/ Brighter than a MoFo'

2/ Bluish-white color (not quite as blue as the Extreme White but close)

3/Very good side coverage, the light has a very distinct cut-off to the side with no mottling or dimming as it moves out.

4/More distance with the beam pattern being distinguished by the focus of the light rather than the strength of the light.

I'll see if I can post pics for ya' tonight of a "driver's view"

:)

please do.

SiR Medic
02-06-2003, 08:14 PM
Okay these pics are a little shaky...

The pics were taken without a flash in really cold air so it was hard to keep the camera steady!

You should get the general idea of brightness...

http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/drallen/public_html/driverviewlow_copy.jpg

LOW BEAM

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/drallen/public_html/driverviewhi.jpg

HI BEAM

The lights are actually much whiter than they appear in the pics. From the front they look almost exactly like the HIDs on new Acuras!

With the hi-beams on its almost like having an acre of daylight in front of your car!:D