PDA

View Full Version : *where are honda/acura's manufactured?

efcee
02-04-2003, 11:16 PM
are USDM honda's and acura's manufactured in the US ?
i think that they are but i am not 100% sure sorry if this is a lame question

can you order parts from them for cars? anyone have a price list or anything for hond a parts not mods but stock parts
are they more expensive that domestic parts?

Jpax
02-04-2003, 11:36 PM
Your joking right...... OMG

So let me guess your next question, whats CTR stand for? , how do i change my oil, or wait ,Were can i get thoses clear tail lights with the crome in them............ Open you driver side door bend over to look in Shut door on head, and you will see who makes your car.

Or a nicer way yet get your owners Manual out , Look on the back and see where its published... :rolleyes:

FailureToStop
02-04-2003, 11:59 PM
My 89' Si was built by back bacon eating Canadians in Ontario.

My 02' Si was built by Jaguar and Sterling building Englishmen. Our staunch allies in kicking Iraqi ass. God bless the English.

blueiedgod
02-05-2003, 03:03 AM
Like said before, the US market is served by the follwing plants:
MArysville OH
Alliston, Ontario, Canada
Saitama, Japan
Swindon, England.

most of the east coast CR-V's are from swindon, while west coast gets them from Saitama/Sayama, Japan
Almost all of accords are built in Ohio
Odysseys are built in Alliston Ontario Canada, i belive MDX's are built there too.
Civic's are tricky, because we get them from everywhere depending on the trim. But all of the worlds civic hatchbacks are built at swindon, even the JDM ones, at least that is the info i have.
most engines still come from japan, except for the V6's they are US-built.

efcee
02-05-2003, 06:35 AM
i would look in my owneres manual if i had one.... i dont own a honda so thats why i am asking
i knew some were made in japan and hatches were made in england but i am wondering if you want to order parts
where would you order them from could you get them from the OH plant in the US ? and do those same plants make acura cars?

Gibhunter
02-05-2003, 06:54 AM
All 2002 RSX were built in Japan. Said so on the window sticker.
2002 SI is built in England. All other Civics and Accords are built in US.

ChapSchtick
02-05-2003, 09:30 AM
Honda Parts (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/)

Might be a good place to start for Honda parts online. Although they currently don't have the '02 or '03 Si up.

CivicGSiR
02-05-2003, 10:48 AM
don't forget the Alabama plant.

blueiedgod
02-05-2003, 02:10 PM
for west coast
www.handa-accessories.com
east coast
www.fairhondapartsforyou.com
heartland
www.hparts.com

these are the ones i have bought from. lately i have been buying from www.fairhondapartsforyou.com since they are here in CT and I can simply pick up the parts from them without paying taxes (legally i am a NY resident), nor shipping. although their shipping is like $3. as a matter of fact, bought my EP from them as well, but not from the parts department, lol.

www.handa-accessories.com are also good, but it takes a week to get parts from them and shipping can get pricey.

i only bought from www.hparts.com once and they were fast a cheap, i just hate waiting for the ups guy to show up. i usually call up John at www.fairhondapartsforyou.com on monday or tuesday and tell him that i would like to pick up the following on saturday, and the parts are there waiting for me. the best thing is, if you find a better price anywhere John will beat it. but don;t be ridiculous, i referred someone to John and he was trying to tell him that some other dealer was selling fog lights for $50.
when i went to pick up my car, John had the floor mats waiting for me there, only $60, cheaper than used ones on ebay. now i am thinking about getting the mudflaps, John's price $60.