PDA

View Full Version : Honda's watching us

Mechanic
07-25-2002, 04:16 PM
I don't know how many of us read AutoWeek, but for those who don't, there's an column on p.5 of the July 29th issue titled "Flies on the wallpaper." The writer, John Stoll, makes the point that auto manufacturers read our comments on sites like this one, and take them to heart in their marketing decisions. The example Stoll uses was VW's gauging the potential interest in V-dub's GTI 337, which is based on the 25th anniversary edition sold in Europe. The car showed up in the U.S. based in part on the comments VW of America saw on vwvortex.com.

So, what's my point? My point is -- assuming that you want one --never miss an opportunity you have here to comment on the Civic Type R and your desire own one, because you can bet that Honda's reps are reading this site. I'm doing my part: bring 'em on, Honda! CTR or Acura RSX Type R: Doesn't matter, I'll be delighted with either one. Cash buyer! I'll even buy another set of your outrageous priced floor mats.

beretta627
07-25-2002, 04:22 PM
Honda America seems to be listening to the people at womensmotoring.com and iamoldandboring.com, not tiny websites like this one. :)

IceD out N CALI
07-25-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by beretta627
Honda America seems to be listening to the people at womensmotoring.com and iamoldandboring.com, not tiny websites like this one. :)

haha very funny, I agree to your sarcasm

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Mechanic
...I'm doing my part: bring 'em on, Honda! CTR or Acura RSX Type R: Doesn't matter, I'll be delighted with either one. Cash buyer! I'll even buy another set of your outrageous priced floor mats.
Only if they give me a good trade in on this car :D, if they don't, I'd be stuck with the second best civic :mad:

SiCivic2k2
07-26-2002, 05:08 AM
If you've ever been to vwvortex.com you'll see that they are always having petition like things. They have a whole bunch of people sign something saying they want something from VW and they send it off to their head-quarters. They are trying to get the VW Polo over here now. Maybe if we start something like that and have a whole bunch of people sign a petition to bring over the CTR, they might do it. It worked for the 337.

HondaMan
07-26-2002, 08:27 AM
Go to this thread for a CTR petition:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=737

DJQuikFingaz
07-26-2002, 10:19 AM
Yea, everyone sign that. Who knows?

punkdork
07-26-2002, 11:03 AM
2.0l Turbo
All Wheel Drive
6 spd transmission
Factory 17s or 18s

Maybe that could put an end to their ricer image. :)

If they really want to impress me they should get in the WRC.