PDA

View Full Version : What is the best gas?

TriniTurismo
02-05-2003, 01:04 PM
I was woundering what is the best gas to put in my Ep.....They said it takes 87 but i am woundering if i put 93 is that good or not.. will i lose HP....or Gain.....cause the accords lose hp if they put 93.,....but then some cars gain up to 10 hp from depending on the what gas they put in there cars, and teh performance they get out of it...i am doing a test on 93 and 87 ,,,to see how much gas miles i can get out of both of them.....and also there is a gas stations near my house that sells 100......fuel....?????what you guys thinks:o

SiRman
02-05-2003, 01:12 PM
Octane discussion has taken place in several threads.
Hondata's testing has shown that our cars benifit from higher octane, due to the retarding of timing on 87 octane.

My_Blk_Si
02-05-2003, 01:31 PM
It's my understanding the ep's handle the 93 octane better... I would stick to the 93 and stick to a specific brand... don't mix and match to much... I take it to an extreme and use the same gas station.:)

TriniTurismo
02-05-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by My_Blk_Si
It's my understanding the ep's handle the 93 octane better... I would stick to the 93 and stick to a specific brand... don't mix and match to much... I take it to an extreme and use the same gas station.:)

THANKS GUYS,,I WILL STICK TO 93 THEN.....:cool:

kpxplaya415
02-05-2003, 05:06 PM
If you have a question first follow this:

If You = Newbie
Newbie = Search
Then You = Search

Use the search function we've been over this... :rolleyes:

NamingException
02-05-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by kpxplaya415
If you have a question first follow this:

If You = Newbie
Newbie = Search
Then You = Search

Use the search function we've been over this... :rolleyes:

Your logic isn't set up right. You should set forward the things that you know are true first, and then arrive at your conclusion. For example:

TriniTurismo is a newbie.
All newbies search before posting.

Then you can present your new conclusion:

TriniTurismo searches before posting.

However, based on my experience, only the following can be generally considered true:

Not all newbies search before posting

Even if we take the following to be true...

TriniTurismo is a newbie.

...which I'm not totally comfortable with, it doesn't tell us anything about the way that TriniTurismo is going to act. We know that not all newbies search before posting, but we don't know that ALL newbies don't search before posting.

See? Now that we know it's hopeless, we don't have to tell every person to search first. Maybe more like one out of every three... I'll leave that problem to someone else.

Oh yeah, click here for some search results (http://ephatch.com/forum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=52271&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending).

tsa1
02-05-2003, 09:45 PM
screw that 93 octane shit. if you are willing to spend the extra $ go for the 100. the k20Amototr in both the JDM ITR and CTR require the us of 98 octane gas to get that kind of horsepower. shit here in california "permium" is 91 WTFFFFF. damn screw california emissions.(stupid Gov. Gray Davis burn in hell). sorry that wasnt a threat :angel:

Vertigo
02-05-2003, 10:50 PM
You can run 87 or 93 octane, but as it has been said before. The Ep's will run fine on 87 octane pushwater. Or ya could brake out that wallet, go to your local small airport, and buy some 100LL gas. It has a little lead in it, but i use to run it in my old EK all the time. Plus, it will give your exhaust gasses that awsome smell.

Jpax
02-05-2003, 10:52 PM
Best gas is RON 1

sk2oi
02-06-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by My_Blk_Si

I agree with sticking with the 93 octane, but i've heard that its better to switch stations once in a while because a veriety of stations have different cleaners in the gas which clean different things in the motor. Just my 2cents.

sonic imperial
02-06-2003, 07:26 AM
I've been running 87 on the last 3 fill-ups and I immediately developed a chain-rattling sound under the hood during acceleration in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears, mostly during uphill climbs, even small hills that were not that steep. I even heard it this morning until I went to the gas station, loaded up on 93 octane, and then drove the same stretch of highway to work I always do and the noise seemed to stop. Maybe it's just my imagination but I do know the car immediately stopped making the valve clattering noise after this mornings fill-up - knock on wood. I don't know if that had anything to do with it, we'll see or else honda will need to check it for me.