PDA

View Full Version : ok, no one is going to beleive this

BlazeX12
07-25-2002, 08:26 PM
Ok, im going to post something that no one is going to beleive, i didnt even beleive it myself. Anyways, i was at this party, and we started talking about my car, well turns out this girls works for Hendrick Honda here in woodbridge, VA. Well she told me about this car, a honda, that has, get this, 1 million miles on it!!! OK, i didnt beleiver her one bit. Ok, then two weeks ago i go with my mom to buy her new rsx, well the lady selling us the car starts telling us about this car that they bought, and then sold to the honda dealership down the road, she said it had over 1 million miles on it!!! She said they had it all documented, has been through like four odometers, but the car still runs. Apparently he is some kinda independent dealer who drives from VA, to PA, to Louisanna, pretty much constantly, non-stop. I still was kinda like, yeah whatever, so the other day im at Hendrick Honda, for my oil change, and i ask them about it...And its true, all documented and everything 1 million miles!!!! can you beleive that??? i couldnt either....... i guess let the flaming begin on how this is impossible, but i'm a beleiver now...

02SilverSiHB
07-25-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by BlazeX12
....... i guess let the flaming begin on how this is impossible, but i'm a beleiver now...
that's fuckin nuts!
I believe ya man!

SmoothOperator
07-25-2002, 09:01 PM
That is pretty crazy! Didn't Al Bundy's car hit a million miles??? lol

NetDragon
07-25-2002, 09:08 PM
Yeah Al Bundy's old Dodge hit a million miles and he had his odomiter on 999999.9 and dodge was going to give him a Viper for letting them film it going over to all zeros. But of course he fell asleep in the car and released the brake on accedent and it rolled out of his drive way. In the next scene he is driving around in "Burnt Scrotum New Mexico", trying to hit that 1000000 mile mark again! Yes I think I have seen almost every epesode like 10 times! hehe..

cleanblack2002
07-25-2002, 10:14 PM
That is some crazy shit.....pretty cool thought! I couldnt even imagine 1,000,000 miles on a car!! WOW

SmoothOperator
07-25-2002, 10:35 PM
NetDragon, your knowledge of "Married With Children" is scary, and somewhat frightening. lol

CleanBlackSi02
07-25-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by NetDragon
Yeah Al Bundy's old Dodge hit a million miles and he had his odomiter on 999999.9 and dodge was going to give him a Viper for letting them film it going over to all zeros. But of course he fell asleep in the car and released the brake on accedent and it rolled out of his drive way. In the next scene he is driving around in "Burnt Scrotum New Mexico", trying to hit that 1000000 mile mark again! Yes I think I have seen almost every epesode like 10 times! hehe..

Hahaha......I remember that episode. Very frustrating for Al.

MagusDC5
07-26-2002, 09:47 AM
Our local Honda dealer has a club for 350k miles and 500k miles...so I wouldnt doubt the big 1,0 ...we got good cars :)

efcee
07-26-2002, 11:47 AM
did they have to do many repairs on throughout the 1mill miles?
did they have to put alot of money into it or anything or was it just stock and a good solid car?

SpeedRacer
07-26-2002, 12:07 PM
yea the car never even got a new timing belt.

efcee
07-26-2002, 02:41 PM
thats quite amazing eh

makes me really want a honda even more now

BlazeX12
07-27-2002, 02:02 PM
Well im sure he had to do regular tunes up etc, but no major work, never been in an accident niether, but nothing more major then regualr maint. oil change etc. o and the odometer's breaking, they didnt go up high enough on a few as well.

Mechanic
07-27-2002, 03:31 PM
The story about the million-mile Honda also made the Washington Post about a month ago. I can't remember what the owner did for a living. I think he traveled every day as a salesman. I also think he bought the car used, and I seem to remember that he replaced the engine (or head) at least once - with parts from a salvage yard - but I could be wrong. But, in any event, the car's covered a lot of ground.

Type X
07-27-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
That is pretty crazy! Didn't Al Bundy's car hit a million miles??? lol

i will go to bed al bundy shoe salesman and wake up

AL BUNDY VIPERMAN!!!!!