PDA

View Full Version : What the.....?

Cali_JDM_Girlie
02-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Sorry but I need to vent. Someone stole my antenna. What kind of sick demented person steals a fuckin' antenna. Honestly. I'm sure it was probably some VW owner but still. Worst of all is that it happened while my car was in the shop being worked on. Is there anyway that I can put a lock on the next one????:mad: :mad: :mad:

any ideas?:confused: I would appreciate it.

-Allison

ssvr6
02-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Yes, loctite. It's a thread sealer.

Steve

chunky
02-06-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Yes, loctite. It's a thread sealer.

Steve

I would think that it impedes transmission of the antenna signal as loctite is not conductive. . . or is it?

it's a sad fact, but the civic si, and the s2000 get their antennas stolen all the time by various people. The vdub guys are jealous of our antennas b/c they're shorter and not as gimpy looking.

blueiedgod
02-06-2003, 03:51 PM
take it off before leaving your car parked on the street. since your antenna was stolen while car was in the shop, it is shop's responsibility to get you a new one, from Honda!!!

Silvershadow
02-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Some jerk stole mine too!Probably d same jerks that steal H's(Honda emblem).Some1 put a S2K ant. on,why?It cost more,looks(not much) different.My radio sounds the same w/o d ant.Maybe if I leave town it might sound weaker..........................................If you're going 2 but another 1.If u can c d parts list there's actually 2 ant. 1 cost a few $$$ more,but it's made by HARADA.I got d reg.1They'll probably give u d cheaper 1 cuz that's what will come up in d computer.I wonder what d HARADA 1 is for?I don't think Loctite would affect it u still have a physical connection between d threads.

K20A3
02-06-2003, 05:25 PM
Loctite or superglue has been tried by VW owners and the end result was the thieves got pissed off and ripped the antenna and the base off the roof.
Word of caution if you decide to use loctite. May end up with a more expensive repair instead of just replacing the antenna.

poppasp1ce
02-06-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Silvershadow
Some jerk stole mine too!Probably d same jerks that steal H's(Honda emblem).Some1 put a S2K ant. on,why?It cost more,looks(not much) different.My radio sounds the same w/o d ant.Maybe if I leave town it might sound weaker..........................................If you're going 2 but another 1.If u can c d parts list there's actually 2 ant. 1 cost a few $$$ more,but it's made by HARADA.I got d reg.1They'll probably give u d cheaper 1 cuz that's what will come up in d computer.I wonder what d HARADA 1 is for?I don't think Loctite would affect it u still have a physical connection between d threads.

what the hell...is this english? :rolleyes:

anyway, i took off my antenna the first week i bought my car. i rarely listen to the radio so it sits in the glove box.

IceD out N CALI
02-06-2003, 05:30 PM
those bastards!:eek:

golferjn
02-06-2003, 07:07 PM
that sucks, hope youre able to get a new one

SiR Medic
02-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Better kick every VW owner in the nuts until you get it back.

THAT'LL TEACH'EM!

j/k...

fASTBACK
02-06-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
Better kick every VW owner in the nuts until you get it back.

THAT'LL TEACH'EM!

j/k...

LOL........:D

dw735
02-06-2003, 11:21 PM
hey if this happened locally, look at every vw around. when you see that antenna, walk right over there, take the mother f'er, and kick his car. better yet, kick his face.

dw735
02-06-2003, 11:25 PM
oh yeah mark your antenna, like i engraved a symbol, so if i happen to get my antenna stolen at school, ill look at every vw around, who knows, you may see them and then look at their antenna to see if they scratched your symbol or if its there still, so you they took it. a minor prevention.

ep88
02-06-2003, 11:43 PM
damn a$$h%&*!!!
the dealer warned me about the antenna too...he said better take it off before it gets stolen.

03hatch
02-07-2003, 01:43 AM
thats some fucked up shit...im thinking about to shave it off and put it some where in my car...to many haters these days...got BOTH of my SI jacked and some marks...fuckin a-holes

kenis138
02-07-2003, 09:42 AM
Yeah, that totally sux, but if it happened while at a shop, I would at least push those MOFOs to get you a new one until they say, "Take me to court...." at which point yer kinda stuck unless you wann go through with it...

When I had my EX, my girl lived in Cambridge, MA and some dick walked by and just bent my whole antenna forward, just for the sake of F'ing w/ someone else's s**t! Pisses me off!!

Cant remember any good direct quotes, by Vincent Vega sums it up pretty well in Pulp Fiction, "You just DO NOT F**K with another man's automobile."

zensuit
02-07-2003, 11:24 AM
Paint the antenna pink...nobody steals a pink anything