PDA

View Full Version : Moon roof Overide

BlazeX12
02-06-2003, 03:03 PM
Ok, i havent been on here in months, but when i left this was a big topic, and i was wondering if it has been solved. The stupid feature on our car where the moonroof closes only half way, and then you have to push it again to close all the way? has anyone found out how to override this???? thanx for any help.

fyzm7357
02-06-2003, 04:08 PM
I'll say it before anyone else does.....SEARCH.....but no, it hasn't been resolved.

NamingException
02-06-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by fyzm7357
I'll say it before anyone else does.....SEARCH.....but no, it hasn't been resolved.

Give the guy a break. Is it so wrong to start a new thread about this? I don't think so. I think it's trendy to scream "SEARCH" at everyone. I'm way more annoyed at that than an occasional new thread discussing something that's been discussed before.

Maybe a new thread will spawn a fresh start at finding a good solution to this annoyance.

fyzm7357
02-06-2003, 06:35 PM
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5542

I know this doesn't appy to intake and exhaust, but still the principal applies....

NamingException
02-07-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by fyzm7357
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5542

I know this doesn't appy to intake and exhaust, but still the principal applies....

Big deal. Just because a mod posts a thread asking people to search and add to threads about really common topics in his subsection doesn't mean you and others like you need to scream about searching all the time. A million threads about intakes and exhausts IS a problem, but there are not a million threads about this, only a few in comparison. BlazeX12 isn't a newbie posting yet another intake thread.

I think there are a lot of people who get off on telling people to search when it's not necessary because it lets them feel like they're somehow more important than the person who started the thread. Constantly doing so needlessly discourages new lurkers with questions from asking them. Discouraging new people is a bad thing. Obviously I'm not talking about BlazeX12 here.

Okay, sorry. I'm done.

Edit: I took the swear word out of my post.

ssvr6
02-07-2003, 08:12 AM
I'm going to have to agree that search was not the correct answer to his post. It's not something that gets covered on a daily basis. Something like this needs to be brought up so we can remember to research it.

I'm a FULL believer in the search feature (hell, I'm one of the "preachers"), but not in this case.

Steve

Brettnyt
02-07-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by NamingException

Give the guy a break. Is it so wrong to start a new thread about this? I don't think so. I think it's trendy to scream "SEARCH" at everyone. I'm way more annoyed at that than an occasional new thread discussing something that's been discussed before.

Maybe a new thread will spawn a fresh start at finding a good solution to this annoyance.

Hey man, if you wanna find whats trendy, then SEARCH!!!! ;) :D Yeah, i havent seen any threads on this before, and its nice to see a new thread every once in a while, even if its topic has been beaten to death.

-Brett

gpt
02-07-2003, 10:05 AM
Back on topic .... does anyone have any further information on how to override that *feature*

Not that I am using my moonroof too much at the moment, 'cos it's too cold but it would be nice to know.

Gasp23
02-07-2003, 11:13 AM
I remember when I read this back in the day, and now that is back this is what I found, I know it doesn't say he fixed it but it gives an idea.

This thread (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5420&highlight=moon+roof)

Now if we only had a trick like for the A/C turning on and off in defrost for the moon roof, it would kick ass :p

BlazeX12
02-07-2003, 11:44 AM
In my defense, i did do a search, and all that came up was the post that were there when i was here last, which was like the end of summer, which didnt reslove it. So i thought maybe someone had posted it, but i was searching for the wrong key words. Sorry to piss anyone off, wasnt my aim. And it seems like some ppl have forgotten about the issue, and since there is alot more memebers here then when i was last here, maybe someone out there will find the answer. One more question, If i get a AEM intake is it going to suck up water?????? J/K

importhonda
02-07-2003, 12:20 PM
Back to topic... Do we know if it is a physical (is there a magnetic switch) or electronic (Programed into the switch itself) means of stopping it half way... I ask because DEI makes a one-touch module for moonroofs. I am goin to try to get ahold of one and install it. I doubt it will solve the problem, but maybe I can bypass the stop or something.

NamingException
02-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Is there anyone with a manual that could post a schematic? That might give us some ideas.

Spidey
02-07-2003, 12:33 PM
I may be wrong (more than likely) but I thought I read/heard that this feature (inconvenience) can be disabled by getting a special tool and then remove the roof lining to get to the motor of the moonroof???? does that ring any bells? I believe there was some type of switch. Don't jump on me if my info is wrong.

As a side note: if everyone was to use the search key before making posts there really should be no new discussions and no use of this forum except for information purposes only as "everything" has already discussed.

AkronSi
02-07-2003, 12:57 PM
I recall the same thing as you Spidey. Does anyone know if the RSX behaves the same way? There was talk on another thread that you might be able to replace the window motor in the drivers door to gain the added convienence of one-touch up with the one-touch down function.

Just another avenue to check out.

IceD out N CALI
02-10-2003, 08:26 PM
I may be wrong (more than likely) but I thought I read/heard that this feature (inconvenience) can be disabled by getting a special tool and then remove the roof lining to get to the motor of the moonroof???? does that ring any bells? I believe there was some type of switch.

yup that was the last I heard as well (something to that effect) but the person that supposedly knew didnt respond or give any "DIY," pics, or info, that would allow us to get it done

KickerSi
03-09-2003, 12:35 PM
Hey Gasp23, this should get rid of the annoying A/C

1) Have the car turned off.
2) Turn the "air condition position" knob to the left all the way (counter-clock-wise).
3) Hold the "back seat air circulation button" and the "a/c" button "DOWN". (don't touch the "defrost" button.
4) Start the car with the "BUTTONS" held down, and wait for 7 seconds.
5) All done. You can turn the "A/C" off and on now.

P.S. To turn the original feature back on, repeat all steps, but for "STEP 2", turn the knob all the way to the "right" (clock-wise).

Took this from 7thGenCivic.com ;)

paralysis
03-09-2003, 02:45 PM
Ok, I have to ask does this really work? If so where is the "back seat air circulation button"

(posted by KickerSi)

A/C Defrost
Hey, this should get rid of the annoying A/C

1) Have the car turned off.
2) Turn the "air condition position" knob to the left all the way (counter-clock-wise).
3) Hold the "back seat air circulation button" and the "a/c" button "DOWN". (don't touch the "defrost" button.
4) Start the car with the "BUTTONS" held down, and wait for 7 seconds.
5) All done. You can turn the "A/C" off and on now.

P.S. To turn the original feature back on, repeat all steps, but for "STEP 2", turn the knob all the way to the "right" (clock-wise).

KickerSi
03-09-2003, 05:19 PM
Yes it does work. The button your talking about is a.k.a. the air recirculation button. Its the button with the little arrow on it that is right next to the A/C button. It the button you push for max A/C. Hold it down along with the A/C button. DO NOT hold down the rear defrost button. Hope this helps.

SinisterCivicSi
03-29-2003, 12:23 PM
yeah this works - thankfully someone at honda showed me. i used to hate when i couldnt turn off the ac!