PDA

View Full Version : weird noises coming from the front!

fishboy
02-06-2003, 06:23 PM
i hear some clunking noises coming from my front driver's side whenever i go real slow or hit some slightly rough parts in the pavement. usually when i am slowing down at an intersection and sometimes when i am accelerating and hitting bumpy parts of the road. i have ground control coilovers on the shock shocks. what could it be? i didn't do much to try and fix the noise besides tightening down the coilovers. it doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough where i am beginning to worry. should i try tightening down the bolts at the top of my struts? help please.

edit: the noise happens when i am going straight, not when turning the wheel. i also have had that problem and i wd40ed the shit out of it and fixed the noise. even after the wd this other clunking noise was still there.

!@#$%
02-06-2003, 06:30 PM
id try to tighten the top strut bolts.

is it possible for a groud control coilover spring to become unseated?

is there an oil leaking from the shock? how low do u have them set?

fishboy
02-06-2003, 06:32 PM
they are at the highest setting right now and i made sure they were tight and not moving around. it's weird i thought if i wded it or greased it that would fix it, but maybe something is loose. damn i hate my car. anybody experiencing this noise at all?

Jpax
02-06-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
i hear some clunking noises coming from my front driver's side whenever i go real slow or hit some slightly rough parts in the pavement. usually when i am slowing down at an intersection and sometimes when i am accelerating and hitting bumpy parts of the road. .

Might be that Angry Squirrel you tried to run over, ;) Hes haunting you now!!:eek:

Go Angry Squirrel go..!!

fishboy
02-07-2003, 12:10 AM
hahaha. dammit, pax! i thought you were gonna say something to help me out.:D

Moose
02-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Much like you, I'm kinda disappointed in my car as well... I hear a few clunking sounds from the front-end as well, despite having my coilovers and all the suspension checked-out fine multiple times.

fishboy
02-07-2003, 03:03 PM
well, i haven't heard the noise at all today or yesterday. great, as soon as i post a topic about it it subsides. but yeah i hate all the noises the suspension makes. you have the tein flex and you still hear noises? i was thinking a full coilover kit would remedy some of the noises... sucks. how do you like the teins, moose? i want those. do you have the edfc? i like your list of suspension mods. i hope to get there eventually.:)

kingxchat
02-11-2003, 09:19 PM
im new here and i been reading these forums for a while and i been gettin some clunkin noise when i turn? you said u use wd40, where do i lub it up at? im really a total newb when it comes to cars, i have ground control too, my friend said im suppose to let the springs settle but the clunkin noise is gettin to me when i turn, on a side note...i purchase an extended warrenty when i got my car and i was wonderin if i can um get my $$$ back? you know tell them i don't want the extended warrenty? thanks in advance and yea i used the search engine to find this :cool:

ep3
02-11-2003, 11:14 PM
i have ground controls and i was having the same noises!!!! instead of wd40, i used some multi-purpose grease and lubed up the bump stop and the damper mounting bearing. no more noises after that!!!!:D

2002Si
02-12-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by fishboy
i hear some clunking noises coming from my front driver's side whenever i go real slow or hit some slightly rough parts in the pavement. usually when i am slowing down at an intersection and sometimes when i am accelerating and hitting bumpy parts of the road. i have ground control coilovers on the shock shocks. what could it be? i didn't do much to try and fix the noise besides tightening down the coilovers. it doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough where i am beginning to worry. should i try tightening down the bolts at the top of my struts? help please.

edit: the noise happens when i am going straight, not when turning the wheel. i also have had that problem and i wd40ed the shit out of it and fixed the noise. even after the wd this other clunking noise was still there.

I don't have aftermarket springs and my front end creaks when I shift, I tried to get a grease gun and get under the car and fix it and figured out there are no grease fittings. Who has grease the front end and how did you do it? I'm tired of that sound!