PDA

View Full Version : What are the basic rules to voiding a warranty?

SiNoob
02-06-2003, 06:56 PM
What types of mods will void the typical 3 year warranty?

SubliminalSi
02-06-2003, 07:06 PM
if its not a basic bolt on.(ie. Intake, exhaust, headers) it could void it...if you do anything inside of the motor, it will void the warrenty..thats all i really know

bioevolve
02-06-2003, 11:02 PM
Everything that I have done voids warranty :angel:
Something about, if the aftermarket part or parts is the cause of problem, then it voids warranty. Proof is key, they will point it at any aftermarket part to void warranty and not fix it, then a big debate, then lawyers, court, etc.......wasting time and money.
Me, I don't worry about it to much. If you gonna modify, just modify and be happy.:D

02TafWhtSi
02-07-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by bioevolve
Me, I don't worry about it to much. If you gonna modify, just modify and be happy.:D

My thoughts exactly - worry about it when it happens

glizard
02-07-2003, 09:47 PM
the reason the warrenty is "void" is because the dealer ship has to pay the tech to run to run the scan/the test or whatever even test drive the car.they do not work for free contrary to popular belief. as a person who would know it's kinda tuff to tell someone who just spent the last hour driving around in someone car with testers hooked up only to find out the modification has caused the problem, that they did it for free because warrenty doesn't pay if there is no root tracible cause to a defective oem part. trust me when i say that when you hook-up the car w/ all the extar shit the engine computer doesn't know what to do and the check engine light comes on it's probably not a major problem but since the technician is only follwing diagnostic manuals for oem cars the tech now must be paid to basically waste his time
they are not engineers and conclusivly the are most likely unable to correct the problem to begin with.some shit in the engien computer cannot be accessed or altered w/o help. for example you should be able to tap into the engine computer and reset they rpm level were the vtec kicks in. unfortunately the test equitpment cannot access that programming to change it.
simple air/exhaust/fuel alterations can cause a running problem that probably just needs a tweek in the computer proramming
this is not possible at the dealer . so any time the warrenty is voided it means it's probably the mod and you will need to pay to find out, and you still may not find out why the problem has ocuured because the tech may not be able to find out.

myeverlovinsir
02-07-2003, 09:58 PM
wow, talk about making it hard for anyone to understand you let alone want to. Life must be some complex analogy in your world. I got tired just reading that.:confused:

02SiHB
02-08-2003, 11:44 AM
HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ myeverlovinsir

Dude, that post made my day. Thanks :D :D :D

He used "find out" in the last sentence 3 times...

"Me tarzan, you jane!" ...English motherf*cker, do you speak it? -S. Jackson -Pulp Fiction....

Just kidding man.

SubliminalSi
02-08-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by 02SiHB

"Me tarzan, you jane!" ...English motherf*cker, do you speak it? -S. Jackson -Pulp Fiction....

Just kidding man.

LOL! CORRET_AMUDO! i just saw that movie yesterday:D