PDA

View Full Version : Doing my first oil change tomorrow

anjapower
02-06-2003, 07:10 PM
I'm gonna be doin the first oil change on my EP tomorrow. Just wanted to ask for some advice. Should I get the Honda Filters? If I do, what part number is it?

Second, how many quarts of oil do I need to buy and re-fill?

Third, what tools will I need other than the regular ones involved in oil changes? I will be borrowing a filter wrench from my friend to help take off the filter...I hear its really tight the first time.

HeelToePro
02-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by anjapower
I'm gonna be doin the first oil change on my EP tomorrow. Just wanted to ask for some advice. Should I get the Honda Filters? If I do, what part number is it?

Second, how many quarts of oil do I need to buy and re-fill?

Third, what tools will I need other than the regular ones involved in oil changes? I will be borrowing a filter wrench from my friend to help take off the filter...I hear its really tight the first time.

Dude, IMO, I would go get some Honda filters and I think it takes about 4 quarts(double check that). Im not sure about the part number but the dealer will have it for our cars. Basic oil change tools and filter wrench is it?

Remeber the most important thing, make sure your old gasket "the O ring" from the filter comes off with the old filter. Thats about it from me.

AkronSi
02-07-2003, 07:13 AM
Make it 5 quarts. It should be listed in your owners manual. I think they break it down to a change with a filter and withouta filter.

You can get the washers for around $.25 at the dealer or you can find them online. Just get a bunch at once.

I'd say to be careful getting a Honda filter, just because alot of people have had trouble getting the correct ones from their local dealers. You should be fine with any number of aftermarket filters.

Do a search, I think that JSIR might have posted something on filters and the quality of different brands.