PDA

View Full Version : Why not these coil-overs?

hypnoj
02-06-2003, 09:51 PM
I've searched most every coil-over/spring thread and I still haven't seen any info on these coil-overs:

Drope Zone

Torn Active

Megan Racing

even though they are much cheaper than all the others on the market (all 3 going for under $150). Why is that? Are these any good? If not, than why? What proof or stories have you heard? I'm ready to purchase soon and the idea of getting adjustable is very appealing to me especially at this cheap of price. Any advice is appreciated.

SiRman
02-07-2003, 12:02 AM
even though they are much cheaper than all the others on the market (all 3 going for under $150). Why is that?

Don't know anything about those brands.
The saying you get what you pay for may apply here.

02civichatch
02-07-2003, 08:46 AM
Iam just wondering where you found those coilovers? Sometimes the cheaper product does do better in my opinion.. Every company starts from somewhere they gotta have loq prices when entering the car parts but i would try them whats the worst that happens? Also i need some help this is my plan what should do to make this work I want to lower my car 2 inches in the front and 2 inches in the back my 2002 civic si have 20,000 miles on it what do i need to get it lowered? Ive been told new shocks, and springs if so where can i find new shocks for the ep's they are going for 300 just for the front on tirerack.com i wanna lower but iam told that if i just put sprins it will eat up my shocks? What does that mean please let me know eager and waiting to lower!!!

gpt
02-07-2003, 09:04 AM
o2civichatch if you lower your car you put more strain on your shocks which may cause them to blow. Generally most people think a 2 inch drop will dramatically shorten the life of your shocks, but you can still get springs and keep your stock shocks until they blow. May be a week may be a year may be two years.

No-one has shocks suitable for lowering out yet, some people have modified the stock shocks with Koni inserts but this seems like a lot of work to me!

This topic has been covered a lot, please search and you will see a ton of information on this.

hypnoj
02-07-2003, 11:13 AM
You can find these at:

meganracing.com

tornactive.com

massivemotorsports.com (i think)

Please do a search before you ask question. (no shocks are not required to begin w/ but might be needed after extensive use IMO) Please, anyone else, give me feedback on the original post.:)