PDA

View Full Version : Bottle warmer F/S??

95 GSR
02-07-2003, 12:48 AM
Anyone selling a bottle warmer?? or know a place that sells it for cheap???

pocketrocket
02-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Bottle warmers are dangerous. If the thermostat should fail, it could cause bottle temps to increase far beyond intened bottle pressures, and resulting in a nice blue gernade.
I just have a bottle blanket and crank the heat up in my car before I spray.. (If it's that cold).

-PR

ssvr6
02-09-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by pocketrocket
Bottle warmers are dangerous. If the thermostat should fail, it could cause bottle temps to increase far beyond intened bottle pressures, and resulting in a nice blue gernade.
I just have a bottle blanket and crank the heat up in my car before I spray.. (If it's that cold).

-PR

:rolleyes:

Even though it may have seemed that his question was about the safety of logic of using a bottle warmer, I'm pretty sure that he's just looking for a good deal.

As for what you said, I disagree completely. A plastic spork could be consdiered deadly when not used as intended. If you install and use products correctly (as well as check them when doing regular maintenace) you won't have any problems.

Steve

pocketrocket
02-09-2003, 04:05 PM
I meant to imply that a cheap bottle warmer may not be cheap if his bottle blows up. You get what you pay for, and there have been experiences in the past where cheap bottle warmers have malfunctioned and overheated the bottle. A plastic spork may very well malfunction, but the most likely cause is a ruined pudding...(or whatever one might use a spork for.)

ssvr6
02-09-2003, 06:16 PM
I meant to imply that a cheap bottle warmer may not be cheap if his bottle blows up. You get what you pay for, and there have been experiences in the past where cheap bottle warmers have malfunctioned and overheated the bottle. A plastic spork may very well malfunction, but the most likely cause is a ruined pudding...(or whatever one might use a spork for.)

I understand what you're saying, but again, I don't think that's he's looking for cheap products as much as he is looking for inexpensive good products.

Steve

95 GSR
02-10-2003, 11:04 AM

-PR

Thats what a nitrous pressure gauge is for. ;)

pocketrocket
02-10-2003, 03:14 PM
Valid Point. Personally I just don't trust 'em. But if I were to look for one, I'd check over on clubsi or ebay.

-PR

95 GSR
02-11-2003, 01:01 AM
ok, kool. thx man.

Tekdemon
02-19-2003, 11:02 AM
Nitrous express actually has a very nice bottle warmer that warms according to the psi of the bottle...that way the PSI is almost always at 90 =)

CSMsi311
02-20-2003, 12:56 PM
i've been helping out my friend with his nitrous. do you mean 90*F? b/c his gauge on his bottle reads around 600-700 psi cold and around 1000 psi warm. I'm pretty sure the units for the gauge was psi.

Just Curious
Jason

95 GSR
02-20-2003, 04:31 PM
i think he meant 900psi...