PDA

View Full Version : Rate your fave Si drives

m0ns00n
07-26-2002, 07:59 AM
Living and working around the SF Bay Area, my current favourite drives are:

1. Highway 1 - Breathtaking scenery of the coast, sweet winding roads, and the knowledge that your Si better not falter because its a LONG way down :)

2. The Presidio Hills - much good turns and scenery. Looks like the Forest Track out of the PS2 Gran Turismo game.

3. I280 - A common favorite, you couldn't ask for a better daily commute. Big open lanes, sweeping curves, great view.

NetDragon
07-26-2002, 08:29 AM
Hey do not forget the 680 just north of Mission going up hill doing 80 or 90 miles an hour at 3am when there are no other cars, the swerves! Wheeeee! Oh and another favorite is the Altimont Pass. The less traffic the better. All those wind generators really add to the feel of the drive.

DynaSpeed
07-26-2002, 08:40 AM
favorite drives? any road with no people on it.

and Milan Dragway... 1/4 miles of fun....

punkdork
07-26-2002, 11:10 AM
Anything with 15-25 mph corners. These corners are best taken at 35-55. There's a nice road up by my house that I like to drive that is filled with hairpins like this... and there is a hillclimb with a 10mph uphill hairpin. These roads are a blast but blind corners on a road popular with cyclists can be a scarry thing.

efcee
07-26-2002, 11:36 AM
in the black hills
these roads are way fun to drive on going down mountains winding back and fourth
dont even need to press the gas barely you are still goin fast heh

broad_st.
07-26-2002, 11:46 AM
where 635 and central expressway meet just north of downtown dallas at about 7:45 on a tuesday morning
it's amazing how well the si can sit in traffic

god i hate you people with coastlines and mtn. ranges in you backyard:mad: :mad: :mad:

punkdork
07-26-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by broad_st.
where 635 and central expressway meet just north of downtown dallas at about 7:45 on a tuesday morning

god i hate you people with coastlines and mtn. ranges in you backyard:mad: :mad: :mad:

Having lived in Dallas I can safely say that it is the Devil. I never want to go there again. :D

xlr8
07-26-2002, 01:21 PM
i love going to great lakes dragaway. the drive there has all kinds of sharp twists and turns. then i get to drag race when i get there.

m0ns00n
07-26-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by broad_st.

We get the traffic too, some band of monkeys built a baseball stadium right smack in the middle of a freeway entrance to San Francisco. I've been stuck in traffic a total of 8 hours there this week :H

The mountains and coasts are good tho... I'll have to try some of NetDragon's routes, the propeller road sounds wicked.

siep
07-31-2002, 02:10 PM
There's a nice one up in Placerville. It's called Mosquito Road. It's off of Highway 49 which is another great road to drive. It's got a bunch of twisty's - I'll post more info on how many miles it is. I went to that road a couple of weekends ago and it took an hour just to get through that whole road. But it was definitely worth it. We should get a canyon run with a bunch of locals and check it out.