PDA

View Full Version : New Seibon Carbon Fiber Lip

DownTheHatch
02-07-2003, 01:31 PM
http://www.seibon.com/Products/CFLip/picCFLipCivicSi02MG.htm

It's a replica of the Mugen lip in carbon fiber, made to fit the Si.

They also make a Carbon Fiber Hood and two different Carbon Fiber Spoilers, one is a Mugen replica the other is a match of the Type-R spoiler.

http://www.seibon.com/Products/CFLip/CFLipPictures/CivicSi-2002-MG-1.jpg

Jpax
02-07-2003, 01:44 PM
that looks nothing like the mugen lip ,but its nice though:cool:

Mugen lip owns j00!

it s got air holes

Jpax
02-07-2003, 01:46 PM
better pic

ChapSchtick
02-07-2003, 01:49 PM
nice, but I want that grill piece! you reckon i gotta get the bumper cover first for that grill piece to fit?

chet
02-07-2003, 01:51 PM
I was at Seibon last week. We tried to do a fit of the 2 lips but some of my aftermarket shit kept them from doing it. But I will say that I "think" the pic you posted, DTH, is actually the type R.

Because we never got it on the car. They had out a fiberglass unpainted lip before the CF and I think THAT one was the Mugen replica. No pics of it by itself. Not entirely sure though. Maybe I should call em up and see what they say.

ep3guy
02-07-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
http://www.seibon.com/Products/CFLip/picCFLipCivicSi02MG.htm

It's a replica of the Mugen lip in carbon fiber, made to fit the Si.

They also make a Carbon Fiber Hood and two different Carbon Fiber Spoilers, one is a Mugen replica the other is a match of the Type-R spoiler.

http://www.seibon.com/Products/CFLip/CFLipPictures/CivicSi-2002-MG-1.jpg

Wow that lip looks nice and clean. Looks sorta like the older Si lip. I just emailed them to see if they have any pics of it on a car.

RocketHatch
02-07-2003, 03:42 PM
How much does it cost.

XspeedSi02
02-08-2003, 05:37 PM
I got an e-mail from them. They have a full body kit (fiberglass) for like $550 and that carbonfiber lip is $325. :)

Makross
02-08-2003, 06:20 PM
is it made to fit our SI's?? :confused:

XspeedSi02
02-08-2003, 06:41 PM
I asked them to e-mail me with the products they have for the new Si. They sent me a response saying they have some kind of body kit and that carbonfiber lip. :D

Makross
02-09-2003, 11:04 AM
i wont believe them until i see sum pix:mad:

chet
02-09-2003, 07:55 PM
When I was there I saw a box that had about 10 of the CF lips in it. The entire garage is full of bodykits and whatnot.
I will say I did not see a bodykit for the EP while I was there. I am not really interested in one so I didn't ask to see it.

They DO HAVE CF and FBGlass lips for the car--I saw both while I was there.

todaCspec
02-10-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by chet
When I was there I saw a box that had about 10 of the CF lips in it. The entire garage is full of bodykits and whatnot.
I will say I did not see a bodykit for the EP while I was there. I am not really interested in one so I didn't ask to see it.

They DO HAVE CF and FBGlass lips for the car--I saw both while I was there.

I thought you were going to make arrangements to try the front lip on your car? Why don't you just take off the mesh grill, so that it can be put on? Unless you can see that it doesn't fit U.S. bumpers. I'm really curious to find out if these lips will fit U.S. models, obviously the sellers don't have a clue.

chet
02-10-2003, 02:23 PM
Well, I hate to say it, I have neons under the car. I am regretting it a little now. The front neon would have needed removing and Andy at AFS said its just too much work for a fitting. SO, blame my bad taste. I know how most of you guys feel about neons. There's a good chance they will come off. And I did drive up to Indianapolis with full intention of having both lips fitted. We were actually in the process of taking the grill cover off and he changed his mind. I did put a little effort forth. But for naught. I was going to try and get someone else from the website to go up with his car, but it turns out the one other guy in Indiana hasn't actually purchased his EP as of yet. Sorry guys.

9092002SI
02-10-2003, 11:58 PM
way to expensive for my ass. i got my hood for 300 and it has perfect weave and support it's from VIS cause i know the guy. but still i ain't paying no 325 just for the lip.

Russ

Mr.02BlackSIguY
02-11-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by 9092002SI
way to expensive for my ass. i got my hood for 300 and it has perfect weave and support it's from VIS cause i know the guy. but still i ain't paying no 325 just for the lip.

Russ

nice hood... VIS i think makes the best hood.. i have one question though. does ur vis hood have the two little holes for the windsheild spray thing?

ep3guy
02-11-2003, 09:09 AM

Russ

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, can you post some more pics please? :D

9092002SI
02-12-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by ep3guy

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, can you post some more pics please? :D

here

DocofMind
02-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Can you post more pics of your car in the dark? There is too much light i cant see :( Looks like a unpainted hood to me ;)

Thats the exact problem i have with carbon fiber lips. I think they detract from the lines of the car and can actually be mistaken for shadows or the ground. When its the lowest piece on the car, it can blend in with the tires and ground and actually make the car look higher off the ground.

The fiberglass piece painted would be very very nice. Either a Mugen replica or some other simple lip.

ep3guy
02-12-2003, 12:18 PM

here

Nice pics, even though they're a little dark. :p

9092002SI
02-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by DocofMind
Can you post more pics of your car in the dark? There is too much light i cant see :( Looks like a unpainted hood to me ;)

you should be able to see it here