PDA

View Full Version : 197.2 Whp!!!!!!!!!!!

pocketrocket
02-07-2003, 02:25 PM
I got my baby on the dyno. 197.2 WHP on a 50 shot!!!!! Not bad torque numbers either, in the upper 140's if I can recall... (I don't have the plot sitting next to me right now.) Next stop 100 shot. I have the jets on the way, and she'll be on the dyno next thursday.. (I'm having surgery on wed, but if all goes well, I'll have the car on the dyno on thur...) I'm going to mix 50/50 Sunoco 94 and Race Gas for my dyno run.. Just to be safe. But if all holds true, my 100 shot should put me in the low 240's and probably 170-185 tq.
I'm so frickin stoked.. I also put progress springs on there, and it looks downright shit kickin. I also did my windows, 25% sides and 35% back. I have a progress rear sway on the way here.. so that'll go on sometime next week too.

I think my future plans do not include a turbo anymore. I think I'm actually going to build it for an insane shot of the juice. A 250 shot on a civy would be brutal.
Now I just have to find a good engine builder.

Take care!
-PR
PS- I'll get some pics up ASAP! I just have to find someone with a digicam.

RocketHatch
02-07-2003, 03:51 PM
Becareful theres only so much room in your combustion chambers. You will run in to a wall and blow up your motor. Theres a reason why theres no pro class drag cars(4 cylinder) that run on NX alone. Ive seen alot of people try. What kind of shot are you running Wet, Dry or direct port? A 50 shot is fine but a 100 shot might be bad.

pocketrocket
02-07-2003, 05:49 PM
I'm running a wet single fogger. Some other people on here have run a 100 shot w/ no problems. I actually just picked up the jets and threw the 75 shot in there, and that'll be my daily driver shot, while the 100 shot will only be used w/ race gas at the track.

-PR

myeverlovinsir
02-07-2003, 05:50 PM
I think it would be very surprising to see 170 tq. Who knows, but congrats on the numbers. Would like to see the dyno chart myself.:)

RocketHatch
02-08-2003, 10:49 AM
I would get an EGT gauge and keep an eye on it you don't want to lean out. Just be careful Ive seen what NX can do to pistons if something goes wrong. Have fun!!!

RocketHatch
02-08-2003, 10:49 AM
I would get an EGT gauge and keep an eye on it you don't want to lean out. Just be careful Ive seen what NX can do to pistons if something goes wrong. Have fun!!!

RocketHatch
02-08-2003, 10:50 AM

pocketrocket
02-08-2003, 12:14 PM
I'll post the dyno chart when I run the 100 shot. I forgot to bring a disk to save the chart on, so I only have a print out.. and no scanner. I'll definately have a scan of the 100 shot though...:D

-PR

RocketHatch
02-08-2003, 01:47 PM
Sorry about the three time stuff my connection was acting up. Good luck on the dyno. I'm looking forward to see the dyno chart. Who's system are you using.

pocketrocket
02-08-2003, 02:43 PM
It's a DynoJet dyno @ DefconMotorsports in Toledo. Hopefully it won't blow up :eek:

-PR

bioevolve
02-08-2003, 02:59 PM
If you have any questions just ask.
DON'T forget to change your spark plugs!

P.S. which jets are you using on n2o and fuel?
P.S.S. which kit are you using?

pocketrocket
02-09-2003, 12:16 PM
I'm using the NOS Wet Single Fogger kit. Right now I'm running a 75 shot, not sure on the exact jets, I'll check those later. But my setup seems very similar to yours. I'll list my mods at the end of this post.. But I'm going to drop at least 1 heat range on my plugs right now, and probably 2 for the summer. I'll probably end up using good ol' NGK's.. How do you like the Denso's? Also, are you retarding timing at all? I was thinking about getting the MSD Digital SCI ignition so I could do just that. But wasn't sure if it was neccesary only running a 100 shot.
So here's my setup.

75 shot NOS Wet Single Fogger (Running 100 shot @ Track)
Purge Valve
MSD Window Switch (on @3200 off @6500)
DC Sports Exhaust Manifold & Exhaust w/ 2.5" midpipe
AEM CAI
AEM Fuel Rail
17" Konig Imagines on Kumho 712's
Stock wheels w/ BFG GForce Drag Radials
Progress Springs
Progress Rear Sway Bar
APEXi EL Series Tach w/ Shift Light
20% Tint

Coming Soon:
Hondata Flash (when they release a N20 Flash)
Engine Torque Dampener
Poly Motor Mounts
Shocks

Coming Later:
K20A3 built to take 250 shot of N2O
Datsun 510 or 1st Gen DSM :D

If you have any hints or suggestions to help me along in the quest for 12's, please feel free to send them my way. :)

-Anthony

bioevolve
02-09-2003, 12:51 PM
I like the Iridiums, they hold up great. I haven't done any retarding to the timing, Don't know if an external spark box would help the spark system. It might damage or over work the coils/igniters, but you can try then tell us how it goes.
I check plugs regularly and are clean, I'm on my 3rd set of plugs now :D .
Gotta keep it in tip top shape:angel:

Apex
03-04-2003, 11:38 AM
shouldnt n20 increase tq more than hp, I have a 50 shot on my old 95 si and every dyno run that i have increased tq way more than hp. especially at low rpms.

bmx269
03-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Damn, thats nice. I think a SC with NO2 would be a fast setup. HMMM.

RedVRy81
03-30-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by bmx269
Damn, thats nice. I think a SC with NO2 would be a fast setup. HMMM.

i would certainly hope so! =o)

mental
04-16-2003, 06:56 AM
do as you will its not my call and i cant tell anyone what to but nitrous is just not good... not good at all...(spoken in a stern fatherly voice) But hey if ya get up to 250post pics and get some videos on the dyno! cool thanx

JoshSI
04-25-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by mental
do as you will its not my call and i cant tell anyone what to but nitrous is just not good... not good at all...(spoken in a stern fatherly voice) But hey if ya get up to 250post pics and get some videos on the dyno! cool thanx

Nitros is fine if you built your motor for it. I would never run anything higher ten a 50shot on a stock motor. YOu need to beef up your internals.