PDA

View Full Version : Latest wiring problem...

Si4U2NV
02-07-2003, 07:26 PM
ok paxie....i tapped into the blue wire u told me to (the one wit grey dotz and no other color...fourth one from the left)...and this is wha happened...

1)when the neonz are on... they r dim (so obviously not gettin much power)
2)when the HEADLIGHTS r turned on..the neons turn off... the parkin lightz can be on wit the neon but once i go to headlights...the neons cut...
3)if my carz off...and i turn on the neons (wit the button...) the headlights turn on...

WOW...I AM SO CONFUSED!! WHAT IS GOING ON!? DID I DO SOMETHING INCREDIBLY WRONG??!?

HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Mike

TIA

Jpax
02-08-2003, 10:43 AM
Well i would say the ballest is drawing to much current and you should wire it dirrectly to the battery, #1 reason for this is because electrical loops can happen, IE: headlights turning on. lol

Wire a button inbetween the power wire from battery and neon so you can leave the neon button on and use the switch for power, and you can use one of the button knock out holes for mounting it. or get a button from honda, they make a 2 and 3 way button switchs......:D

The green plug for the factory alarm is only rated for maybe 10 amps if that.

also were did you ground it at?

Si4U2NV
02-09-2003, 04:13 PM
hmm 10amps...thatz it? well...the thing is pax, i ALREADY have a button (see pics) but the thing is i wanted somethin that would cut power to the neon INCASE i forgot them on...so i guess ima just wire the button str8 back to the battery... u sure therez no better way to do it?? (also...how much to the 2 way buttons from honda go for? (and wha do they look like?)

-Mike

THANKZ AGAIN!

Si4U2NV
02-09-2003, 04:13 PM
button

Si4U2NV
02-09-2003, 04:14 PM
another pic (bad angle)

Jpax
02-13-2003, 05:28 PM
were did you ground it at?

Si4U2NV
02-13-2003, 07:52 PM
i grounded them at the bolt that holdz this kickpiece in place... but i know thatz not the problem... (i think) itz a perfect ground...

where can i get a honda button (preferably ONLINE)??

-Mike

Si4U2NV
02-13-2003, 07:56 PM
pic...