PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots Motorsports Si going to Southeast Solo II Divisionals

David S Wallens
07-26-2002, 09:06 AM
Look for our 2002 Civic Si at this weekend's Solo II Divisionals in Savannah, Ga. Per will be there, running the car in STS, and things should go well. He's still playing with spring rates, but we're somewhere in the ballpark for blacktop; we're still working on rates for concrete, which is what we'll encounter in Topeka.

I recently visted Ground Control while out in California, and they'll be working on some more suspension components for us. Looks like they have plenty of 2001+ Civic hardware in stock, but we may go with some custom short struts in addition to their camber plates and coil-over kit (already on the car).

And speaking of California, I saw a black EP hatch while stuck in traffic in San Francisco. (I was in the silver 325Ci.)

Our '02 Civic makes its big introduction in our current issue (on sale any day), as the first installment covers some dyno testing and tuning. Part II is about suspension upgrades, and I'm prepping it for our next issue right now. Updates should also be on our Web page.

David S Wallens
07-26-2002, 09:13 AM
Oh yeah--the event will be held at Savannah's Roebling Road Raceway, and I'm sure Per will have stickers to hand out. Feel free to stop by and say hi.

iR-VTEC2
07-26-2002, 01:28 PM
Excellent. Have fun out there and I hope y'all whoop some butt

David S Wallens
07-26-2002, 01:35 PM
Well, I'll actually be here in Ormond Beach this weekend, although I just saw our '02 Si heading out of town. (I was running an errand in our 2000 Si at the time.)

iR-VTEC2
07-26-2002, 01:38 PM
Does it sound awesome? (the car) Does it have a mean raspiness to it or is it kinda mellow?

iR-VTEC2
07-26-2002, 01:39 PM
That would be |EPIC| if y'all could get some vids of it. With sound of couse hehe

David S Wallens
07-26-2002, 01:45 PM
Yeah, we do need to post some sound clips. However, you can hear a Comptech exhaust on our 2000 Civic Si online. (Trust me: It's a cool video.) To see/hear it, go to the project car section of our Web page. Once there, scroll down to "recently completed projects" and you'll see the Civic listing.

iR-VTEC2
07-26-2002, 04:22 PM
Cool. Cant wait for some 2k2 Civic sound and videos out there. Welp, back to my desk!