PDA

View Full Version : MADE my ebay intake looks better

team ERA 5
02-07-2003, 10:29 PM
yesterday night i sprayed my EBAY INTAKE black with engine enamel spray paint....4 coats...because i heard if u put coats over it, it wont get as hot....and I DID, DROVE IT AROUND FOR LIKE 45 MINS and bamMMM felt it and it wasnt as hot as it was before.....WAS BLACK A BAD COLOR TO DO.....ill post pics as soon as i get my homeboys camera....LOOOKS HELLLA NICE THOUGH man O man *pics commmmmming soooon to an ephatch site near you*

myeverlovinsir
02-07-2003, 10:39 PM
uh, ok. gluck wit dat!:rolleyes:

iR-VTEC2
02-07-2003, 11:17 PM
awesome. Maybe i should do that to my intake but it doesnt exist :/

ssvr6
02-08-2003, 07:31 AM
I plan on doing the same thing to my CAI. I'm just trying to find the time.

Steve

ssvr6
02-08-2003, 07:33 AM
I plan on doing the same thing to my CAI. I'm just trying to find the time.

Steve

TrippZ
02-08-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by team ERA 5
yesterday night i sprayed my EBAY INTAKE black with engine enamel spray paint....4 coats...because i heard if u put coats over it, it wont get as hot....and I DID, DROVE IT AROUND FOR LIKE 45 MINS and bamMMM felt it and it wasnt as hot as it was before.....WAS BLACK A BAD COLOR TO DO.....ill post pics as soon as i get my homeboys camera....LOOOKS HELLLA NICE THOUGH man O man *pics commmmmming soooon to an ephatch site near you*

how much and whered oyu get it at

Cone Killer
02-08-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ

how much and whered oyu get it at

I'll sell you mine for $35 shipped.

TrippZ
02-08-2003, 06:21 PM
lol i want the paint not the intake, dum-e.

team ERA 5
02-09-2003, 07:47 PM
i got the supplies at pep boys i bought a can of ENGINE ENAMEL SPRAY PAINT(low gloss black) which could withstand 500 degrees and i bout 2000 grit sand paper cost me around 7 bucks

team ERA 5
02-10-2003, 12:25 AM
before

team ERA 5
02-10-2003, 12:27 AM
AFTER

team ERA 5
02-10-2003, 12:30 AM
does that filter look dirty??? hahaha GOTTA RECHARGE IT WITH THE K&N cleaner hahah I LOVE MY EGG!!!!

Makross
02-10-2003, 12:32 AM
nice how much did you get the intake for if you dont mind me asking??:D

team ERA 5
02-10-2003, 12:36 AM
ebay haha 50 bucks shipppped...THE COATS REALLLY HELPED THOUGH 4 COATS OF LOW GLOSS BLACK doesnt get as hott anymore...SO FOR UR EBAY INTAKES OUT THER TRY IT OUT...TELL ME WHAT UR THINK...

03hatch
02-10-2003, 01:36 AM
ebay haha 50 bucks shipppped...THE COATS REALLLY HELPED THOUGH 4 COATS OF LOW GLOSS BLACK doesnt get as hott anymore...SO FOR UR EBAY INTAKES OUT THER TRY IT OUT...TELL ME WHAT UR THINK...

who did you get it from if you dont mind me asking. :D

Silver7
02-10-2003, 02:28 AM

???
Wrap it with a thick RUBBER it will be even colder!.. make sure its pink rubber, it will give u 5hp more hp just for the color!:rolleyes:

now, on a serious note.. what does painting it in black have ANYTHING to do with car's performance?

Si4U2NV
02-10-2003, 07:46 AM
umm... i got the same intake (except i got the one wit the blue tubing) for 45 shipped... herez the thing...

did you ever think that the paint is just HOLDING the heat in!? lolz instead of the heat coming off of the tube, the paint it basically acting like a jacket...keeping the heat for dissipating... THATS y it "feels cooler" THE PAINT wont heat up...but the intake AIR definitely will...

Think about it...

-Mike:angel:

ssvr6
02-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Si4U2NV
umm... i got the same intake (except i got the one wit the blue tubing) for 45 shipped... herez the thing...

did you ever think that the paint is just HOLDING the heat in!? lolz instead of the heat coming off of the tube, the paint it basically acting like a jacket...keeping the heat for dissipating... THATS y it "feels cooler" THE PAINT wont heat up...but the intake AIR definitely will...

Think about it...

-Mike:angel:

Did you ever think that the multiple layers of paint would keep the heat from the engine compartment out and allow the cooler air inside of the pipe to stay as such?

Sure, it won't work that well with an SRI, but it may be semi noticable with a CAI.

Steve

myeverlovinsir
02-10-2003, 08:42 AM
AEM CAIs are coated with powder zirconia (unless you get the chrome). I Don't think any generic paint is comparable to powder zirconia in thermal refraction. I Would look into a thermal coating if your serious about it.

ssvr6
02-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
AEM CAIs are coated with powder zirconia (unless you get the chrome). I Don't think any generic paint is comparable to powder zirconia in thermal refraction. I Would look into a thermal coating if your serious about it.

Good point.

Steve

steve_jones
02-10-2003, 09:34 AM
Looking good, I would have kept it silver, as black will absorb the heat more than silver ..

I painted my hks pipe yesterday .. see below ..

ssvr6
02-10-2003, 10:29 AM
Black doesn't absorb heat, black abosorbs light.

Steve

civicracer.com
02-10-2003, 11:53 AM
nice paint job

but personally i beleive the design of that so called "ebay intake" defeats the purpose of have a cold air intake

i would rather have stock than that design

but the paint job looks great!

congrats

eric

fishboy
02-10-2003, 11:59 AM
i think the paint looks great.