PDA

View Full Version : is wheelmax reputable?

foilpan
02-09-2003, 04:08 PM
i was considering getting my wheels through wheelmax... do any of you have positive experience with them? should i call them or would you recommend somewhere else?

thanks.

iR-VTEC2
02-09-2003, 04:22 PM
I did not have any problems with them. THe people were nice, they talked story with me for a while. Especially rick. that dude was hillarious. The wheels i got were just low quality. Not their fault.

I suggest you get good name brand quality wheels.

esmith13
02-09-2003, 05:01 PM
I got my wheels from them... They were very helpful. When they found out that they ran out of the tire that should have been in my package, they called me and offered to let my order wait on hold, or upgrade me to one level higher for free! But they didn't let me pick the tire brand. They told me what they were going to give me and let me get back to them after I researched the tire a bit to make my decision....

They're all A's in my book...

chet
02-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Definitely MAKE SURE you get name brand. There's a thread around here somewhere. . .They were selling, or they are selling
SPOOM Wheels. Wasn't a misprint. They showed a close-up of the wheel . Be careful.

foilpan
02-09-2003, 08:22 PM
spoom!

that's pretty funny... i was looking at konigs or racing harts. i'll ask them to make sure they don't send me some "komigs" or other sam's choice shite...

fsugatorbait
02-10-2003, 09:05 AM
I got my wheels from them as well...only problem I had was that one of the wheels was mounted backwards, wrong direction...other than that they look great and their service was excellent. Just like anyother company, id stick with the name brand wheels to make sure you know what your gettin.

Hatch, Si Hatch
02-10-2003, 09:46 AM
I've been considering some wheels from WheelMax also. They carry a brand that I had never really heard of...Exel...but there is a bad azz looking wheel they make that I'm seriously considering. Has anyone heard any thing good/bad about this brand?

Will2K2
02-10-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Hatch, Si Hatch
I've been considering some wheels from WheelMax also. They carry a brand that I had never really heard of...Exel...but there is a bad azz looking wheel they make that I'm seriously considering. Has anyone heard any thing good/bad about this brand?

I looked at this brand as well , didn't find anything on them though.

W

taikahn
02-10-2003, 02:00 PM
since were on the topic of wheel brands -- anyone know anything about RS LImited ? the Ricochet looks sick -- but not sure of the quality... ? anyone ?

SHAKEnBAKE
04-30-2003, 03:35 PM
Bump.
How about the tires that come with the standard package? Are they totally shitty? Do they charge much to upgrade your tires?

fsugatorbait
04-30-2003, 03:57 PM
The tires are standard kumho's, 205/40 17's w/17inch rims...i got quoted a upsale charge of $70 to go with pirelli p6000, didnt mention size so im assuming it would have been the same.

SHAKEnBAKE
04-30-2003, 04:01 PM
thx:)

02SilverSiHB
04-30-2003, 07:13 PM
Well, only thing I can complain about is how they advertise old shit on the web. They were out of the two rims I wanted. First I wanted 17" RH CP8's, didn't have them. Then I asked for the 17" velox, good to go, but then get a call saying they don't have them. But they do seem like cool people.

As for excel rims, I have no idea about that company.

AznPower
04-30-2003, 08:31 PM
i bought 18' cp8's from them and they were cool, fast shipping, we even had a conversation about my car and which color would look best.