PDA

View Full Version : Think I toasted my O2 Sensor

pocketrocket
02-09-2003, 07:52 PM
So I just finished destoroying.. like by at least 5-7 car lengths, a Lexus SC430 (?? not sure, it was their sporty looking coupe of a few years back).. But anyways, I sprayed my 75 shot in 2nd and 3rd gears and after I kicked the Lexus' ass, one of the warning lights came on.. Later I looked it up and it's the engine looking one that the owners manual says has to do with emissions. It also said not to drive with it like that. So I'm thinking I toasted one of my O2 sensors.. Any ideas? Is it ok to drive?

Thanks
-PR

02blksi
02-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Check your plugs... you might be dissapointed with what you may find.. (detonation possibly a misfire)

i Highly doubt your 02 will throw a code already I dont care if you used Nitrous or not, its prolly something more than you think, id definetly get the code scanned... --Joe. who has many years of nitrous and Turbo experience to know things (especially mil/cel's) are NEVER as simple as they seem......

Good luck, be careful when spraying Remember no LONGER than 15 seconds on the bottle. -- :) joe

pocketrocket
02-09-2003, 08:08 PM
There's no funny engine noise, plus I highly doubt that detonation could occur w/ the gas I have in there. It's pretty much 110 octane gas. But I'll check 'em anyways. Maybe I just fouled the plugs.
I'll go check now.
-PR

pocketrocket
02-09-2003, 08:26 PM
Nevermind, I don't have an extension long enough to reach. That plugs like a 1/4 mile down there. I'll have to go to sears tomorrow.

-PR

pocketrocket
02-09-2003, 11:46 PM
So I was reading up on what happens when the mil/cel light pops up, and supposedly the car runs like shit. But this isn't my case. I can rev past 4k, the damn thing sounds just like normal, it pulls just as hard as it did a week ago, and nothing is apparently wrong except that light. I can't get it over to the Honda dealer till at least tuesday morning, but more like it'll be thursday afternoon. But I'll at least drive my truck untill then. Oh well, if it's anything serious, it'll give me an excuse to drop in an A2..

-PR
Hoping it's not serious

nx2kta
02-10-2003, 06:38 AM
just reset the ecu
and if it come back again then take it to the dealer to have then pull the code :)

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
02-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by pocketrocket
It's pretty much 110 octane gas. -PR

if it is TRULY 110 octane gas, THAT'S the reason you fried your O2 sensors...
All 110 octane gas is LEADED...
You can NOT use leaded gas in your car...
It will fry your O2 sensors immediately...

pocketrocket
02-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Nope, didn't use leaded Race Gas. Just used a can of Torco to turn 5 gal. of Sunoco Premium 94 into (accoriding to the back of the Torco can) 114 Octane. Assuming that's a bit on the high side, I'd say 110.

-PR

pocketrocket
02-11-2003, 10:54 PM
I reset the ecu, and no CEL light. Hopefully it just got a little rich in there. We'll see.

I'll keep everyone updated.
-PR