PDA

View Full Version : Just installed Neuspeed Race springs

silver02
02-10-2003, 08:00 PM
First I would like to thank everyone on Ephatch, if it wasn't for you i never would have been able to get it done.

The install took me 2 days (by myself). I used my mother-in-law's garage so I didn't have a floor jack or air tools, all I had was a set of tools the jack that came with are cars and a 400 pound bottle jack and a torque wrench (Thanks to my Mother0in-law).
If it could have gone wrong it did. The axle fell out (but now I'm a master at getting them back in). The ball jouints wouldn't budge (I even used a fork) so I installed the front springs without taking them off the car (I don't recomend doing this, and would NEVER do it again). I messed up one of the seals on the driver side ball joint so i have to replace that, and on the passanger side I think I punctured the CV boot, so I have to replace that too ( $35 for the boot $2.50 for the seal). My Grandfather has a friend who is an auto mech. so he'll get me a deal on the install of those. The local Honda dealed was going to charge me $300 to do it. The jack wad also refused to do an alignment because"I" put in the springs.
Finally I got it all back together and it looks great (pics soon).

So, would I do it again? No. Was it worth it? Hell yeah!:D But I must say that when I get new struts I'm paying to have those put in.

Words of advice- 1 make sure you have ALL the right tools.
2 ask for help(don't do it alone)
3 and do a search on this forum for info on installs

Suk02Si
02-10-2003, 08:15 PM
At least it was an experience, right? Now you know how the suspension works in your car. If you just dropped your car off at a shop to have it done, you wouldn't have learned anything.

IceD out N CALI
02-10-2003, 08:18 PM
good job!

civic hatch boi
02-10-2003, 08:57 PM
haha that's sorta funny. 2 days. dont u have a friend?

silver02
02-10-2003, 09:39 PM
No one I trust with my car.

You know, they shot monkies into space. But that dosen't mean I want one flying the next plane I get on!:rolleyes:

civic hatch boi
02-10-2003, 09:47 PM
no, i meant a friend to help you.. how much trust do you need for someone to hold a rotor or unbolt something. not really surgery here.

silver02
02-10-2003, 10:19 PM
they all had to work, plus I'm the type of person that likes to do things myself. I'm just stuborn that way. :D

civic hatch boi
02-10-2003, 10:21 PM
haha koo.. glad it came out good :) love the drop dont cha? man.. but while we were working on Heeltoepro's car.. his eibach's seem so much more higher quality.. our neuspeeds are cheezy... if only eibach dropped 2.25" they'd be great.

Suk02Si
02-11-2003, 02:14 AM
yeah, the Eibach have isolators and come with bumpstops. The Neuspeeds don't have isolators, you have to reuse the stock ones.

silver02
02-11-2003, 06:16 AM
I am using the stock struts. The ride seems kind of harsh, is this normal? I'm not crazy about the Koni retrofit, so I sit and wait.:'(

ssvr6
02-11-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by silver02
I am using the stock struts. The ride seems kind of harsh, is this normal? I'm not crazy about the Koni retrofit, so I sit and wait.:'(

That's why I'm going with the progress kit at first. I want the lower stance, but not at the loss of comfort.

What looks REALLY appealing the H&R Cup Kit. That should be coming out REAL soon.

Steve

-LAW-
02-11-2003, 08:32 AM
if u have a friend at honda bring it back , ur car is under warranty ? right ? hehehe .. that would save u some $$$

silver02
02-11-2003, 07:24 PM
Yes, it is still under waranty. But since I changed the springs they know it has been altered. Plus the Honda tech at the local dealer is a prick, he wont even do an alignment on my car now (even if I pay for it).

Si_Mussel
02-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Did you get a price on the ball joint? I to used the wrong tool and busted that seal. I was hoping to replace the the rubber part.

All the grease is mostly gone and I can hear it when I turn the the wheel and the car is not moving.

silver02
02-12-2003, 08:12 PM
the ball joint was $50, but you can buy just the seal, it's only $2.51

CV boot is $31

HeelToePro
02-12-2003, 11:51 PM
It was a heck of a learning experience for me, just glad I had tons of people helping me. Good thing that just the rubber can be changed on the ball joint, I called Honda and they asked for 53 bucks each.

simann
02-17-2003, 02:50 PM
That Honda Tech guy not letting you get an alignment is crazy,
:mad: