PDA

View Full Version : traded in my 02 si

S.C.civic si 02
02-11-2003, 06:28 PM
Let me just say it has been fun, but I just didn't really like the car. I traded it in for a 2003 gti 1.8t. This car feels really quick. I wish I went the gti to begin with. The civic has depreciated really bad. One dealership only wanted to give 10500. I went to another vw dealership and got 14500. I hope this forum continues to grow and good luck with the 02 si.

Pradamuimui
02-11-2003, 06:30 PM
SELL OUT!!!!!

fyzm7357
02-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Good luck with your new VW....did you have any mods on your Si that you want to sell?

Jpax
02-11-2003, 06:35 PM
kool car the GTI 1.8L T

what did that set you back?

Type X
02-11-2003, 06:37 PM
if dealer had a 337 i would have gotten that

i "settled" for the si
but honestly i hate the exterior of my car

but when i get INTO it
i am happy with my purchase :)

:cool:

Gibhunter
02-11-2003, 06:39 PM
Good luck with the GTi. Nice car, but reliability is suspect. Still, if I were to buy a new car right now it would be near the top of my list.

Will2K2
02-11-2003, 07:54 PM
I almost bought a VW three times

-First time in 99 sold my crotch rocket to get A3 GTI VR (decided against one)

-Then again when I bought my 2000 Hatch (decided against one)

-Then Again when I bought my 2k2 Sir (decided against one)

Heres my issues:

-steering sucks
-shifter feels like stirring a bucket full of rubber erasers with a hammer
-SOLID REAR AXLES DON'T LIKE MID CORNER BUMPS
-Got CoilPack failure?
-Electric Gremlins? what are those? :p
-Price! Gti 1.8t = $30,000 Canadian, My Sir=$23,175ish Canadian
-At the time VW Canada only had 2 year 40,000km warranty (WTF!)
-SOLID REAR AXLES DON'T LIKE MID CORNER BUMPS
-BTW did I mention that SOLID REAR AXLES ONLY LIKE SUPER SMOOTH PAVEMENT WHEN UNDER INTENSE CORNERING?????????????????????

Just my 2 cents

S.C.civic si 02
02-11-2003, 08:01 PM
I realize VW has had some problems with window regulators and coilpacks. With the warranty I know it will be covered. Howerver the steering the gearshift fells great. I mean I can hit 65 in second gear. Couldn't do that with the SI, unless i got the Hondata ecu=$600.00. With a upsolute chip+ $450 I will up the boost get more horsepower and torque and run a 14.4 the performance world is pretty much there for the gti. I just couldn't wait no more for the 02 si aftermarket world.

ssvr6
02-11-2003, 08:01 PM
For those that were cool, thumbsup. For the other suckers, you guys make me sick. :mad:

Congrats on the ride, the only thing I would have done differently if I was you, would have been to get a 20th Anv GTi instead of a regular one.

Either way, congrats!

Steve

IceD out N CALI
02-11-2003, 08:30 PM
congrats. hope you didnt lose too much $$ on the deal. Good luck with the GTi:)

SiR Medic
02-11-2003, 08:31 PM
You'll be back!

Just cuz you traded for a GTI doesn't mean your not welcome here you know!
:D

Good luck with the new car!

gpt
02-11-2003, 10:29 PM
Good luck with the GTi. I almost got one too, but I just could not handle the dealer's attitude, and given the problems they have had I did not want to have to deal with them in the future.

Enjoy your new car though - I still really like GTi's!

simann
02-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Pick ANY car over a Domestic! You did a good job on picking a VW
Good luck and have fun on the backroads!:cool:

Makross
02-11-2003, 11:14 PM
:( :o :D

atl-si
02-12-2003, 07:44 AM
Traitor! j/k! Good luck with the VW.

ballsdeep
02-12-2003, 09:00 AM
I love the 1.8T thats what I really wanted but I couldnt justify spending $21,500 for a VW when I could get the si for $16,500. More power to you though you got a great ride congradulations on the purchase and if you paid about what I paid for my si you didnt do to bad on the trade in. Out of curiosity how many miles did you have on the si when you traded it in.

ballsdeep
02-12-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by S.C.civic si 02
I realize VW has had some problems with window regulators and coilpacks. With the warranty I know it will be covered. Howerver the steering the gearshift fells great. I mean I can hit 65 in second gear. Couldn't do that with the SI, unless i got the Hondata ecu=$600.00. With a upsolute chip+ $450 I will up the boost get more horsepower and torque and run a 14.4 the performance world is pretty much there for the gti. I just couldn't wait no more for the 02 si aftermarket world.

You have a warranty but last I heard they were so back ordered on the coilpacks that they wont replace them untill they go bad and even then they will only replace the bad ones which means you could end up stranded numerous times which really sucks. The 1.8T is awesome though and the turbo engine loves the upgrades it doesnt take much to bump up the horsepower. A chip alone can add 40 to 50 horsepower. Congrats :D

ballsdeep
02-12-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
For those that were cool, thumbsup. For the other suckers, you guys make me sick. :mad:

Congrats on the ride, the only thing I would have done differently if I was you, would have been to get a 20th Anv GTi instead of a regular one.

Either way, congrats!

Steve

Yeah the ladies love the retro bunny emblem ;)

ssvr6
02-12-2003, 09:23 AM
Hmmm...I thought they liked the new 6spd, Recaros, 18's, body kit, blacked out headlights, and lower suspension.

;)

As for the coilpacks, they're working OVERTIME to get their inventory back up. There will eventually be a recall once they're ready to handle it.

BTW--Do yourself a favor and don't get Upsolute. Go get an APR, GIAC, or even the DigiTech. Upsolute is just not that great IMO.

Steve

mental
02-12-2003, 02:12 PM
did some one say 337... mmmm tasty! i LOVE my si but i would prolly take a 14second gti over my car any day... and hey good luck with your gti! You should deffinetly chip it and get full exhuast and that thing will HUAL DICK!!! ohh and dont forget about "JAPAN ATTAX" dont be afraid to buy japanese parts for your car... for example greddy g2 exhaust! i have freinds that have gti's that just refuse to buy japanese shit now and i dont know why! if it works and works well buy it!

golferjn
02-12-2003, 02:34 PM
good luck with the gti. hatchbacks are cool. yup, the 337 is nice too

EP33
02-12-2003, 06:40 PM
CONSUMER NEWS

S.C.civic si 02
02-12-2003, 07:01 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments. I hope I have waited long enough that the 2003 coilpack problem has been solved. I had 21000 miles on my SI. This is my second turbo car, first one was a 99 GS-T, so I'm not scared to use japanese parts. Just want whatever makes the best power.

natesi
02-12-2003, 07:01 PM
I would have considered a VW except they are a bit spendy, which might otherwise be worth it..... if they didn't have so many problems.

I mean, I've read so many horror stories about window regulators it's seriously INSANE they don't fix that. It really says something to me that they don't care enough about their customers to get some quality window regulators in there after all these years. For the price you pay, I'm sorry, that's just lame. And I've heard a ton of bad things about their dealer network and how shitty they treat you after you laid down all that cash.

And there are other issues as well, such as burning lots of oil, but I won't go into everything I consider "wrong". After getting a major lemon (my ZX3) only 3 months before buying my Si, VW just wasn't a risk I was willing to take a gamble on. I read a few people on this board that loved thier VW but it was just too troublesome, so they got the Si. That speaks volumes for me.