PDA

View Full Version : Tires

civic hatch boi
02-11-2003, 09:55 PM
looking for 215/55/15... since that seems to be the closest to stock size.. which tires for stickiest + long wear life.
any input loved :)

civic hatch boi
02-11-2003, 10:17 PM
i just talked with chunky, he said 205 would be better so... 205/55/15 then.

JSIR
02-13-2003, 04:19 PM
I'll recommend the Yokohama AVS ES100's, not totally sure about that size, may want to check their offerings. I went with the stock size which may sound skinny, but these tires give you a good 1-2 inches more contact patch than the stock tires despite having the same width rating. They seem plenty good to me. Great wet and dry handling, quiet tire, smooth ride, and have 280 tread wear, should last a couple years. These aren't no race tire, but plenty good IMO.

My other choices were Bridgestone 730's, Toyo T1S, Khumo 712's, Bridgestone SO-3's. All of these are more expensive with exception of the Khumos. The Yokes seemed to have everything I was looking for in a daily driver tire. I've got a pic on the rear of my car if you want to see it compared to the stock tires, here is the link below for the two pics, notice how round the stock tires are , the Yokes are more square getting more rubber on the ground, pretty decent for 195/60/15's, plus they aren't much heavier than stock. I didn't want a heavier tire.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b336286f650c

Joey

spoon3168
02-15-2003, 07:29 AM
jsir how much did they cost u?? did they have a nice stiff sidewall or soft like the t1-s?

JSIR
02-15-2003, 08:24 AM
Spooner, I paid $65 US each tire from Tirerack plus shipping, duty, brokerage and all that stuff, it came out to about $160 Canadian for each tirer after all taxes, curency exchange etc... .
These tires have a decent sidewall, stiffer than stock for sure, I think they are stiffer than the Toyos. They are not as stiff as a Bridgestone though, that is why Bridgestones are much heavier though. You may want to check with Roger Fung at REV Auto, last we spoke he was importing a few sets of these tires, he may be able to hook you up.

JOey

spoon3168
02-15-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by JSIR
Spooner, I paid $65 US each tire from Tirerack plus shipping, duty, brokerage and all that stuff, it came out to about $160 Canadian for each tirer after all taxes, curency exchange etc... .
These tires have a decent sidewall, stiffer than stock for sure, I think they are stiffer than the Toyos. They are not as stiff as a Bridgestone though, that is why Bridgestones are much heavier though. You may want to check with Roger Fung at REV Auto, last we spoke he was importing a few sets of these tires, he may be able to hook you up.

JOey
ohh thanks..;)