PDA

View Full Version : Hondata's New reflash?

simann
02-12-2003, 12:00 AM
What about all the Cylinder knock all the Dyno charts were showing? Is Hondata currently trying to find the bug and release a revised edition or what? I have not heard much.:o

simann
02-12-2003, 12:35 AM
When, ............... dang that was quick!

S800Racer
02-12-2003, 08:08 AM
As soon as the reports of detonation and pinging started popping up, Hondata altered the flash by taking out some of the ignition advance. They have been very responsive to their customers

!@#$%
02-12-2003, 04:06 PM
i still don't know what hondata offers with the setup. First beta gave knocking....i thought that the 7700 rpm program was giving detonation as well? All he did was change the timing?

What is he actually changing? I don't feel comfortable with somebody going into my ecu and changing things without me knowing. So basically he just ups the rev limiter to 7700 and changed the timing? Does he revise fuel maps? ignition?

didnt the base rsx hondata program give huge gains in tq compared to the si? (not counting the 9 lbs more stock)

I'd rather have alot more torque than get 900 rpm. Could we just get the base rsx program? I havent heard of the DC5 owners having detonation.

Hondata
02-13-2003, 02:12 PM
In our initial release program, we had too much ignition advance from 6500-7500 rpm. This was removed 10 days ago.

Upgrades for anyone who had an incorrect tune is not only free, we will give them an intake gasket for their troubles.

PoRT
02-13-2003, 09:04 PM
any problems with the RSX-s stage 4? my engine light keeps popping on every once in a while. it will come on fir a day or two and go away for a week. then happens again. i havnt had time to bring it in. it runs fine, im just curious

tkm
02-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
i still don't know what hondata offers with the setup. First beta gave knocking....i thought that the 7700 rpm program was giving detonation as well? All he did was change the timing?

What is he actually changing? I don't feel comfortable with somebody going into my ecu and changing things without me knowing. So basically he just ups the rev limiter to 7700 and changed the timing? Does he revise fuel maps? ignition?

didnt the base rsx hondata program give huge gains in tq compared to the si? (not counting the 9 lbs more stock)

I'd rather have alot more torque than get 900 rpm. Could we just get the base rsx program? I havent heard of the DC5 owners having detonation.

Dude, no...we *want* the 7700rpm redline. That's the most valuable part of the flash IMO. An extra 4 ft-lbs of torque at 4400rpms won't help the 1/4 time nearly as much as a higher redline.

02blksi
02-14-2003, 03:34 PM
Well said TKM... Im seriously considering getting my hondata flash this week. we will see i guess. --Joe :)

Its either the hondata flash or more parts for my Z400 ATV :) LOL

tkm
02-14-2003, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking about getting it within the next week or so myself now that a few bugs have been worked out.

Oh, my 300ex took a back seat many years ago when I actually started making enough money to buy "real" parts for my car. Note that I bought the 300 when the 400ex and Z400 weren't even an idea to Honda and Suzuki.

myeverlovinsir
02-14-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Hondata
In our initial release program, we had too much ignition advance from 6500-7500 rpm. This was removed 10 days ago.

Upgrades for anyone who had an incorrect tune is not only free, we will give them an intake gasket for their troubles.

Doug

Another gracious offer. This is much appreciated even though I already have one. I will take another anyways. Sounds good to me.;)

Glix
02-14-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir

Another gracious offer. This is much appreciated even though I already have one. I will take another anyways. Sounds good to me.;)

Sweet, so your shipping your extra to me right? Right?!? :*

myeverlovinsir
02-14-2003, 09:37 PM
It's going to the third annual Organizer of the 3rd annual Civic Si/Honda lapping day event at Gingerman Raceway, South Haven Michigan, June 23 2003 - This will be the biggest and best one yet - Sold Out .
:D

JSIR
02-15-2003, 10:37 AM
God bless you Glen !, you've got yourself a free spot at the Gingerman raceway event if you have the interest in showing up and trying out some real driving ! :D

!@#$%
02-15-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by tkm

Dude, no...we *want* the 7700rpm redline. That's the most valuable part of the flash IMO. An extra 4 ft-lbs of torque at 4400rpms won't help the 1/4 time nearly as much as a higher redline.

(cliffs at bottom)

i didnt buy this car to go to the 1/4 mile track. I would like even more drivability to it. I don't see a point in running the crap out of an engine for just .2 of a second. im only 19 and i sound like im 60. :confused:

only reasons i've purchased intake/header and soon exhaust is for sound. (yes the header addition made a very noticable increase in sound. took it off and realized it immensely.)

I understand why you want the higher redline, but I'm not out to hit 9000 rpm, sure it would be cool, but having a 4 cylinder with torque *turbo* is much more satisfying than the dime o dozen 8000 rpm 4 bangers. thats just my opinion, but i definitely see where ur coming from.

cliff: i guess i just really want hondata to put out a much higher tq increase program that doesnt up the redline. Sure the higher redline is fun but i would like to see more emphasis on tq #'s than hp #'s for once. if we had more torque, our engine would haul. Look at the Spec V, 180 lbs and it pulls hard. thats my piece. take it for what its worth....:angel:

MCeez02Si
02-15-2003, 11:55 PM
I know the dynograph on Hondata's website was in the beginning phase, but have you notice that it seems like their is not benefit having the redline knocked up to 7700? Looks like it starts to dip after 6700-6800 or so. I think having the redline at 6800 max would be sufficient. What we need is more low-end torque. As a daily driver, it would be so much more beneficial.

Hondata, what do you say about a 6800 redline 3whp increase and 15lbs. of torque?:-)

By the way, I want to thank you guys for dedicating your time and effort to Honda/Acura.

simann
02-16-2003, 12:44 AM
Dood, My brother just traded his Spec V in for a Type-S. The Spec V 's are blowing motors right and left cause there engines suck. And after driving the Type-s around, The torque off the line may get the Type-s , the SER's redline is at 6250, very, very low, so the RSX keeps pulling while the Spec is trying to play catchup!

Overall, its a individual thing, I DEARLY miss the HUGE torque out of the spec but all in all , feeling a car pull Harder and Harder as it passes the 6250 redline of the SPec is so much cooler!

Its proven , Guys in Specs are Tryin to run 15 flat Quarters while guys in Type-s's are runnin 14.4's!

tkm
02-17-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%

(cliffs at bottom)

i didnt buy this car to go to the 1/4 mile track. I would like even more drivability to it. I don't see a point in running the crap out of an engine for just .2 of a second. im only 19 and i sound like im 60. :confused:

only reasons i've purchased intake/header and soon exhaust is for sound. (yes the header addition made a very noticable increase in sound. took it off and realized it immensely.)

I understand why you want the higher redline, but I'm not out to hit 9000 rpm, sure it would be cool, but having a 4 cylinder with torque *turbo* is much more satisfying than the dime o dozen 8000 rpm 4 bangers. thats just my opinion, but i definitely see where ur coming from.

cliff: i guess i just really want hondata to put out a much higher tq increase program that doesnt up the redline. Sure the higher redline is fun but i would like to see more emphasis on tq #'s than hp #'s for once. if we had more torque, our engine would haul. Look at the Spec V, 180 lbs and it pulls hard. thats my piece. take it for what its worth....:angel:

Ok, no offense to you, but for those of who really do race our cars, the higher redline is worth almost the entire cost of the flash.

I'm going to be doing a lot of autoxing with the car at local events (saving my R for the bigger stuff) and that higher redline will mean that I can stay in second gear sooo much longer without losing the time to shift to third. Same thing goes if anyone tracks the car--you can leave it in gear that much longer without needing to grab the next gear.

People don't realize the benefits of a higher redline. Plus, no one says you have to shift that high. Just shift where you normally would--it isn't that hard to figure out.

Also, how much low-end torque do you realistically think an ECU flash is going to make on a 4-cylinder n/a car? Not much. 4 cylinder n/a cars make power by increasing torque at a higher rpm.

simann
02-17-2003, 11:30 AM
TKM, Thats a very good answer! Redline that high means higher top end etc... I agree that thats the main gain from the Hondata reflash! I was very dissapointed at the Si's redline when I bought it, that was the only problem I had with it. The old Si's had a 8200 rpm redline, and suddenly Honda thought they could get by with a 7100? That was really crazy!

02blksi
02-17-2003, 02:49 PM
Please keep this thread flame free, i dont want to have to lock a decent thread over some bs comments. --joe.:rolleyes:

tkm
02-17-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
Please keep this thread flame free, i dont want to have to lock a decent thread over some bs comments. --joe.:rolleyes:

Who was flaming? There was just some mis-information posted, that's all.

myeverlovinsir
02-17-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by tkm

Who was flaming? There was just some mis-information posted, that's all.

Second that.;)

02blksi
02-17-2003, 07:33 PM
the flaming comment wasnt directed towards you neme.... :angel:

myeverlovinsir
02-17-2003, 07:46 PM
neme...NBL, but was commenting on the mis-info. :angel:

simann
02-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Man, Thats how we get the RIGHT info is by POSITIVE controversy.
I bet when the guys who created the nuclear bomb argued, the head chief did not just close their little debate over " how much radioactive material was necessary for fission".Just a thought!;)

PoRT
02-17-2003, 09:36 PM
There are 4 different stages of the flash. you dont have to get the Raised fuel cutt off if you dont want it. this was everyone will be happy;)

simann
02-17-2003, 09:38 PM
cool, i did not know that, thanks man!:)