PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Dynometer in Columbus, GA

2002Si
02-12-2003, 08:18 AM
I just got off the phone with the Mustang Dynometer company. I've got the financing if the price is right to put the dyno in a shop that I am leasing here in Columbus. The reason is that Import racing is getting huge here. Columbus has never had so many teens running these cars but I decided that now is the time before spring racing starts that I should put the dyno here. The machine does up to 800 hp. I thionk that should be enough to get it on the road. My question to you guys is what do you pay normally for dyno runs? This is going to be the ONLY dyno machine in Columbus. I'm totally excited and hope that my response from Mustang is good. I'll post the results of the e-mail/phone call. Thanx -J

MPBSi
02-13-2003, 06:18 PM
but I happen to have a mustang dyno brochure on my desk that I got during the last PRI show, and I assume you're talking about the "ImportDyne." Looks like a good dyno, since its inertia is much less than usual (more appropriate for small imports like civics), and it has the eddy-current absorbers (much better IMO than a straight inertia one). I haven't heard much about them other than that though.

Not really my place, but did you consider an AWD dyno? Might not be big where you are, but coming from the audi world, I know AWD dynos can get you business you wouldn't otherwise get, since there are very few of them, and people will go a decent way out of their way to test on one if its around (as long as you advertise of course). I have no idea what the cost difference is between them, but just a thought, especially with the recent popularity of WRXs and audis as tuner cars!

Funny that I work for a company that builds dynos but don't know how much people pay shops to run on them :( in my defense I've only been here 5 months, and have only worked on engine dynos (and I'm not in sales anyway, so I don't even really know how much the products my company sells cost) ;) anyway, good luck, it could be a great money maker for ya!

2002Si
02-14-2003, 06:18 AM
I didn't think about the awd dyno but I'm glad that you brought it to my attention.

Jpax
02-16-2003, 07:27 AM
well as a group buy we paid 65 dollars (not taxed yet) for dyno run,,, NO air/fuel readings. then with Air Fuel was 10 more...so 81.50 after taxs. with air/fuel.... That was group buy with 20 cars on the dyno, only tune you can do was fuel regulatior, or ecu swap because of time.,

Regula=r rates you can call alex @ http://www.carbconn.com/

or browse there web site..:cool: