PDA

View Full Version : Need Assistance With Injen CAI

white02si
02-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Could someone help out a fellow Ephatch member install the Injen CAI iNTAKE...I have installed many intakes, exhausts, and suspension in the past but the cutting is making me feel a bit uncomfortable.Please advise..I live in Bergen County NJ....

What is everyone doing with the wires coming up through the hole in which we have to cut into? Im kinda concerned about the integrity of the car and problems of rusting possibly? Thanks Guys

i-WERKS
02-12-2003, 11:21 AM
I grinded the hole to make it bigger then put some rust check followed by a coat of touch up paint before installation. The wires that goes through that hole is still there. I've heard from other people that didn't cut the hole ended up with a hole in the intake from the rubbing.

ssvr6
02-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Yup, I'm getting a hole in mine. I'll be cutting it soon. (Grinding it down and then sealing it.

Steve

soniccar
02-12-2003, 03:36 PM
Is it possible to cut a length of fuel line lengthwise and place it around the hole like a grommet to prevent it from rubbing? A little silicon will hold it in place.

blackthreat
02-12-2003, 05:07 PM
just take out the battery it will fit fine/ no cutting needed

ssvr6
02-12-2003, 07:40 PM
Oh it'll fit, but after a few months of use, it rubs a hole in pipe.

Steve

SiNi$t3R
02-13-2003, 06:30 AM
Is this a problem with the aem cai as well?

ssvr6
02-13-2003, 06:33 AM
Nope, just the Injen. And it's only a problem when you don't follow the directions.

Steve

hamlet9634
02-13-2003, 10:50 AM
duct tape... several layers worth.. between the sharp edge of the hole and the injen cai. the pipe fits through the hole, just needs a little buffering between the body and the tube. only had it a month though, no damage yet. perhaps a little rubber around it would work, too

Si02
02-15-2003, 11:42 PM
Well I just installed my Injen intake and no you don't have to take off the front bumper. The easy way to do it is through the wheel well. I helped r3p00c put his in on Friday, but we ran out of time so we couldn't do mine. It's definately a must have mod. I can't wait until I find a plant called the Money Tree then I can get header, lower it and put some rims on. Don't forget to cut the hole out and to cushion the intake on the edges.

r3p00c
02-16-2003, 05:40 PM
Si02 - How long did it take you for yours? Hopefully a lot less time than it took us to do mine. Mine puts a smile on my face every time i get on it... it's gotta be the best first mod to do.

Also, a word to everyone... I drove about 50 miles in this nasty snowstorm today, and there were no problems with the intake. Its positioning doesn't allow it to get exposed to the elements, and you really would have to dunk the front end of your car in a body of water AND be on the throttle to do some damage. My fears are over... :D

Si02
02-16-2003, 06:51 PM
Well it took me about 1 1/2 to do it. Wasn't difficult to put in after I learned how to do it when we put yours in. I think it might have made my exhaust louder. I love it!!!