PDA

View Full Version : Insurance agent can't quote new Si

insomniac
07-27-2002, 04:13 AM
I called my agent the day before i was to pick up my Si to have the policy switched to the new car. He couldn't give me a quote because American Family's computer kept spitting out the vin as invalid. Finally he pulls out his 'polk?' binder to find out what the vin# should be on a 2002 Si (he says this 'polk?' index is what all the insurance companies use for vin documentation). Looks up Honda...Civic Si...2002....and says "nope, you must have gotten the vin mixed up - 4th and 5th positions should be EM"(boy I really had to bite my tongue when he said that). So I ask to see the page he's looking at and the description says 2002 Civic Si COUPE!?!

So I go to Allstate's Online quote system and bring up the 2002 Hondas and they too only have an Si Coupe, no Hatchback.

My agent says I'm covered, but I'm worried he's just blowing me off.

Anyone else have problems setting up insurance on their Si? Are there any other insurance companies that do instant quotes online like Allstate (Not an e-mail quote, an INSTANT quote)?

DynaSpeed
07-27-2002, 08:52 AM
Every company gave me a legitimate premium - like Geico, Progressive, Farmer's... even though I wouldn't touch any of them considering that they would of been about twice as much as I'm paying now.

HondaMan
07-27-2002, 11:52 AM
USAA rules! I know everyone can't get their insurance but if you can you know how lucky you are. :)

brianc593
07-27-2002, 01:48 PM
I go thru USAA and it took them awhile to set up my insurance because their computer didnt recognize my VIN. I think she had to enter the info manually.

Type X
07-27-2002, 05:27 PM
1600 a year full coverage for a

2002 si
and a 2000 ex ;)

in NYC