PDA

View Full Version : helpful info please

EATMYDUST
02-13-2003, 07:27 PM
ok i know alot of people were asking about this befor but i am really undecided on what springs to get for my ep. i am getting 18's so i wont have too much of a wheel well gap to fill but i still want it low. maybe 1.75 maybe 2. so what is a good spring to go with and still have a good ride. someone told me dropzone but cant find them.
thanks

kpxplaya415
02-13-2003, 07:42 PM
Check the suspension forum because there are massive amounts of threads and posts about springs. Progress, Tien, Eibach, Neuspeed etc. Just use SEARCH and read people's opinions about the spring you want.

chet
02-13-2003, 08:59 PM
I have the Progress springs. I thought at first they were a 2" drop, but further research has cleared that up. They are 1.75" drop. Lots of threads on springs like kpx said.
I have done more research and I am still not sure if they are 1.75 or 2. I purchased mine last fall right after they came out. They may have changed or added different choices. Not sure. More investigating on the way.

BlazeX12
02-14-2003, 04:09 PM
I'm getting 18's as well, and im lowering it with progress srpings, 1.8" drop, and from everyone has told me, there should be no problem. I mean if you think about it, The type R has 17" rims and they are a little lower then us, and they still have wheel gap, so we are really only going up 1" from what 'should' be on our cars. so it shouldnt be a problem

EATMYDUST
02-14-2003, 05:20 PM
well thanks guys. i did a search on springs and thats what made me even more undecided cause some people are saying this spring is good then some are saying it sucks theses are better try these.....i guess it's just down to you own personal opinion on how you like your car to ride and handle. i found a company in a magazine that carries Goldline springs. it's 1.75 drop. they said they are a good riding spring even if you use factory struts. they have a lifetime warranty and if you dont like how your car rides with them on you can exchange them for something else. they are only 150 bucks with free shipping. somewhat cheap i guess so i think im gonna try these and if they suck o well i can try something else. p.s i got my hks cat back today so i'll have it on this weekend. i would post pics but im sure everyone saw it on the ep 600 times already from the other peeps that posted it.
bye for now thanks again guys.