PDA

View Full Version : Motor is slightly gone

bioevolve
02-13-2003, 07:58 PM
Ok, 105shot in third gear today, 5600ish rpm roaring and Then BOOM! Hood moves alittle and a Big puff of white smoke seeps out from under the hood. I pull over and pop the hood, AEM CAI has been blown off the throttle body( n2o back fire, possible throttle flap bend) glad we don't have plastic intake manifolds. No other visible damage, checked the oil and smelled it. Oil is good but smelled gasoline in oil(rings,valves,valve guides probably gone). CEL flashes all the time now, reset ECU and It still there. Time for a rebuild:( and a second motor, more than likely an A2. Car is on a trailer for my move to F.L. so I won't be on the streets until I fix it;)
Tax money is being used for the move, which sucks. So I will be insearch of an A2 soon, maybe 2 of them(1 for back up for pusing the envelope hehehe) Hopefully I will be ready by summer.
Oh, the car still runs, revs good, idle is loopy, exhaust sound is like a v-8 now hahaha.

r3p00c
02-13-2003, 08:10 PM
That sucks, man... one reason why I'll never put my car on the bottle. Good luck with the rebuild, and I look forward to seeing that A2 in there. Since you're at it, why not go with a K20A? Might as well... ;)

Will2K2
02-13-2003, 08:45 PM
WTF were you racing??

Please tell me you were at least ahead of the guy?

bioevolve
02-13-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Will2K2
WTF were you racing??

Please tell me you were at least ahead of the guy?
HAHAHA, I wasn't racing anyone. I was doing tests of the fuel pressure safety switch.:D
Everytime I go out, no one wants to race me:p I think the word has been out for a long time, that I will race the hell out of anyone who wants to race hehehe. Hopefully in F.L. there will be peepz there that will challenge me:angel:

Makross
02-13-2003, 09:20 PM
you balling out of control huh bioevolve

Suk02Si
02-13-2003, 10:09 PM
wow, that's gotta suck man. I was looking into a 75 shot myself, isnt that what you used to run? How did it feel?

IceD out N CALI
02-13-2003, 10:48 PM
ouch, that sucks, good luck, maybe you'll score an A2 for good price:)

SiR Medic
02-14-2003, 12:26 PM
Everytime I go out, no one wants to race me

I'll race you now!
:p

Seriously, that is really horrible what happened. Hope the car feels better soon!:'(

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
02-14-2003, 05:18 PM
this is the exact reason i've passed up numerous opportunities to buy an A2 swap on eBay...
even tho the engine is a 2002-2003 doesnt mean it cant be blown...

lesson:
don't buy motors anywhere that won't put a warranty IN WRITING...

oh yea...sorry to hear bout your mishap...
:(

2k2civicSi
02-14-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
this is the exact reason i've passed up numerous opportunities to buy an A2 swap on eBay...
even tho the engine is a 2002-2003 doesnt mean it cant be blown...

lesson:
don't buy motors anywhere that won't put a warranty IN WRITING...

oh yea...sorry to hear bout your mishap...
:(

this is his stock a3

fishboy
02-14-2003, 05:58 PM
dude that sucks. hope to see you back soon.:)

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
02-14-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by 2k2civicSi

this is his stock a3

i understand...
you missed my point, which was:

there's nothing to stop someone in the same position as "bioevolve" from putting their blown motor for sale on eBay or a FS forum...and "forgetting" to mention it's blown...

that's why i won't buy a motor from anyone other than a reputable shop/junkyard that offers a written warranty...

which is the reason i'm still A3-powered...

prices are ridiculous for A2 swaps...everywhere except for eBay of course, where you can get one for $2000... :shady:

myeverlovinsir
02-14-2003, 06:45 PM
ya couldn't wait till they came out with a tune, could ya? Glad your laughing! I would have been a little more pissed than you.

It must have felt incredible for a short time when the 105 shot kicked in. lol:D

btw: thought you were saving that shot for the track.:o

Accordexcpe95
02-14-2003, 06:48 PM
bioevolve.. haha u seem kinda happy about it, how many miles did u put on the engine before u blow it up?

natesi
02-15-2003, 12:02 AM
Was it fun when it blew? When you saw the smoke, were you like "awesome man!!"?

TrippZ
02-15-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by natesi

lmao you're so patronizing, i love you...

good luck with the engine

natesi
02-15-2003, 03:48 PM
No, I'm serious!

For example, when I was younger I had a pretty nice car and I put it in the ditch at 65mph. I knew it was going to suck, but at the same time, I was really eager to see what damage had been done. When we pulled the car out, I was like, "Awesome--check the damage buddy"! But later I was like, "oh man, this sucks".

See what I mean? Plus, you gotta admit, that smoke coming from the tail pipe is a pretty cool effect. Not like billowing smoke, but you know, just a little when you step on it.

TrippZ
02-15-2003, 06:14 PM
gotflames.net

now THAT is a cool effect.

bioevolve
02-17-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
wow, that's gotta suck man. I was looking into a 75 shot myself, isnt that what you used to run? How did it feel?
Yea, 75-90 shot is about the safest maximums with changing to much stuff. It felt really strong.

bioevolve
02-17-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic

I'll race you now!
:p

Seriously, that is really horrible what happened. Hope the car feels better soon!:'(
HAHAHA I still have power, its running crappy but it'll still go hehehe.

bioevolve
02-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
ya couldn't wait till they came out with a tune, could ya? Glad your laughing! I would have been a little more pissed than you.

It must have felt incredible for a short time when the 105 shot kicked in. lol:D

btw: thought you were saving that shot for the track.:o
I couldn't wait hehehe, have to test it now an then ;)

Oh, I have finally moved to florida. So I will be awhile (few months) before the car is ready for the track.

bioevolve
02-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Accordexcpe95
bioevolve.. haha u seem kinda happy about it, how many miles did u put on the engine before u blow it up?
Well I can't really get mad about it, I knew I was pushing the limits. It's a hard lesson, but hey, its fun to tinker. only have 7003 miles on it :D

bioevolve
02-17-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by natesi
I was fun and awsome right before it blew, when smoke came out, I was like F**K motor is gone :mad:

Bushido
02-17-2003, 01:15 PM
what part of florida you moving to?

bioevolve
02-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Bushido
what part of florida you moving to?
I'm on the south west side, most of you guys are on the east side :(

95 GSR
02-24-2003, 12:09 AM
damn, i just found the tread, kinda yet but... sorry to hear about that . Im on the bottle too, and everytime i hear about someone blowing it up, i get the feeling liek im next or somthing.

anyway... what exactly went wrong? was that the first time u squezed the 105 shot?

i noticed that u got the warmer... what was ur n2o pressure at?

vectorhive
02-24-2003, 12:18 AM
jackass

Suk02Si
02-24-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by vectorhive
jackass
hahaha:D

bioevolve
02-24-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by 95 GSR
damn, i just found the tread, kinda yet but... sorry to hear about that . Im on the bottle too, and everytime i hear about someone blowing it up, i get the feeling liek im next or somthing.

anyway... what exactly went wrong? was that the first time u squezed the 105 shot?

i noticed that u got the warmer... what was ur n2o pressure at?
I had it back fire thru the intake, 1000ish was the pressure. It was like 8th time of 105 shot. I'm thinking the fuel pressure dropped and the fuel pressure saftey switch kicked in, but I was messing with the fpss settings to get it right, so it wouldn't flutter. I just turned it the wrong way and it didn't kick in and BOOM :D . That is my guess or the motor couldn't handle it after all those other lower shots thru 11 bottles worth being abused hehehe;)

95 GSR
02-24-2003, 08:47 PM
anything over a 75, u should have gone with a bigger fuel pump.

IMO, i would have never gone with a 105 shot with stock fuel pump and injectors.

sorry about ur motor, but its times like this when u start looking into the A2 motors.:D

02blksi
02-24-2003, 08:54 PM
FYI- A nitrous backfire is when the fuel puddles behind the intake valve inside the intake manifold and ignites into your intake/ throttle body....

just wanted to clear some shit up.. its possible your motor is fine as long as you have checked compression/leakdown/sparkplugs with no problems to note. Although its Highly unlikely -- moral of the story you play you pay. -- Joe who has been in the same boat as you before.

myeverlovinsir
02-24-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
FYI- A nitrous backfire is when the fuel puddles behind the intake valve inside the intake manifold and ignites into your intake/ throttle body....

just wanted to clear some shit up.. its possible your motor is fine as long as you have checked compression/leakdown/sparkplugs with no problems to note. Although its Highly unlikely -- moral of the story you play you pay. -- Joe who has been in the same boat as you before.

How true you are Joe! There is a good chance that your damage is very limited and can be attributed to the TB buterfly. I think you have to take it apart yourself to determine where the damage is bioevolve. There is a good chance things are intact, but if your dealer says you bent your valves then I would stick around and have them show me the bent valves. good luck on the A2 swap. Seems like that is an option your willing to take. :D

bioevolve
02-24-2003, 09:26 PM
Yep, I think I'm going to go with the A2 and start with 75shot on that heheheehe.

bioevolve
02-24-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi

Yes, that is what I stated. my intake tube blew the f**k off and shot my filter into the bumper and flatened it, plugs are in pieces, and possible bent tb & valves. I'm still drving it, but don't want to take it apart (my only car for driving to work right now) buying a cheap truck right now, then buying an A2.

IceD out N CALI
02-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by bioevolve
Yep, I think I'm going to go with the A2 and start with 75shot on that heheheehe.

you animal

myeverlovinsir
02-24-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by bioevolve

Yeah, I like spending money on power builders too, but they are a pain when you need to pay more in the end cause you decided to over do it. You have to get off the bottle and make a real engine out of one of them soon. jmo:angel:

HondaMan
02-24-2003, 10:33 PM
Bummer! :(

Good luck with the A2 swap. :)