PDA

View Full Version : Question about Lowering

soundwave9900
02-14-2003, 11:32 AM
I need details on about how much it would cost a honda dealership to lower an EP3 before selling it.

I would also like to know about how many inches the dealer would go and what parts they use. Also will tire rubbing ever be a problem with about 1.5" down?

thanks :) http://images.honda-tech.com/set1/smile/emthup.gif

soundwave9900
02-14-2003, 11:36 AM
Would it be totally unreasonable for me to walk into a dealership and say, i've gone to other dealers and the price is about the same, but if I can get the car lowered at no additional cost I'll buy from you.?

they aren't going to laugh in my face, are they?

gpt
02-14-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by soundwave9900
Would it be totally unreasonable for me to walk into a dealership and say, i've gone to other dealers and the price is about the same, but if I can get the car lowered at no additional cost I'll buy from you.?

they aren't going to laugh in my face, are they?

Absolutely reasonable, this is the kind of 'add-on' that costs them very little but would cost you a lot. I think you should do exactly that....

soundwave9900
02-14-2003, 01:51 PM
well... is the stock suspension adjustable? and how will it change the car handling? handling is one of the big reasons i like the car. if its going to make the car tighter and a rougher ride, then i might reconsider. guesses are fine.
tire rubbing will also be a big issure..

please help.. thanks:confused:

taikahn
02-14-2003, 03:33 PM
with stock tires and rims you could drop 2.5" before having any rubbing issues -- even at 2.5" probably wouldnt actually touch ---

dropped cars always ride rougher --- Eibach springs can help ease that roughness --- they feel soft compared to sprint springs and some of the other companies.

BlazeX12
02-14-2003, 03:53 PM
Only thing about lowering your car, is camber. i had a 99 civic EX with eibach spring 1.5" drop, no camber kit, after one year the inside of my tires were bald. My rear drivers side was so bald that had i not got them replaced when i did, i woulda exploded soon, thats why im buying a camber kit and srpings at the same time, so i wont have to worry about it, and then when i save the money im getting shocks as well.

glizard
02-14-2003, 06:06 PM
honda has or will soon have a factory performance lowering package that prevents the lowering from dropping the car down to the front bumper stops like aftermarket one's.the kit is already available for the rsx and last i heard was being fitted and packaged for the si/cost about $5k at the dealer i woulkd imagine

Glix
02-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by glizard
honda has or will soon have a factory performance lowering package that prevents the lowering from dropping the car down to the front bumper stops like aftermarket one's.the kit is already available for the rsx and last i heard was being fitted and packaged for the si/cost about $5k at the dealer i woulkd imagine

Honda can take their $5,000 after market ass package and :confused:

That kit at best is worth half what they charge for it.

02SilverSiHB
02-14-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by soundwave9900
well... is the stock suspension adjustable? and how will it change the car handling? handling is one of the big reasons i like the car. if its going to make the car tighter and a rougher ride, then i might reconsider. guesses are fine.
tire rubbing will also be a big issure..

please help.. thanks:confused:
Well most likely if they lower you car for you they will also put in a camber kit...for warranty reasons. But make sure they put a camber kit on after lowering to put the camber back to stock. As to what springs they will use, is beyond me. I'd ask them what type they are going to use. It sounds like you would be looking for a drop that has the good appearance without the rough ride, so these are the springs I would recommend:
Progress (my personal favorite :) )
Neuspeed sport (not race, that will probably be too low for you)
Eibach sportlines (not pro kit, the drop on pro kit is barely noticeable to me)
And H&R sport (this would be my last choice)

As for the type of camber kit, it doesn't really matter, they do the same from what I've seen from other member here.
Here's a pic of mine with progress:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/pb45e2606b7ec29b24e148dbaa6b962dd/fcc6b69d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid44/pdec46ff0ec68745f4d69e784cabdca26/fcdd8b5f.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid44/p921a7637e0c67dfe6c8ebe90553a32c8/fcdd8b5c.jpg