PDA

View Full Version : Coil Overs

BLAZE
02-14-2003, 02:21 PM
ok guys/gals

here it is...ive been running ground control's on my ep for about 19k miles, i am sitting on 18" rims on 35 series tires. this was a bad decision, because i have now blown the fornt right strut, and rear right shock. now b4 you ask the gc"S are all the way up which puts the fender well right on top of the tire.

as of yesterday honda says the availabilty of replacement's is as follows.....front right release date feb 27, for the front left and rears there is no release date. these are quotes from two honda dealers just to be sure. this really sucks do to the fact i just put on my new dc sports cat back now i have a ground clearance of about 2 1/2". woe is my pretty b pipe all scratched up.

and after reasearch for tein coil overs that i would like. the best prices i can find

the SS coil overs $1200.00 shipped no pillow ball mounts
the flex coil overs $1750.00 shipped with the mounts
now you can use the stock mounts for a quieter ride.
the approx. life span of the tein pillow ball mounts is about 2 years
so you can decide

now KW carries a set for our car at around $1800.00. ouch
there are i think 2 other brands out there but these two were the ones that i chose to consider.

now if anyone knows of cheaper prices please let me know, or of other mfg's.

ep's rule:D

Quicksilver
02-14-2003, 03:00 PM
That's ridiculous that they can't get the shocks or struts before Feb. 27th! If that's the case, just put up a Want Ad in the forum and see if someone who's changed out the stocks will sell you theirs.

If you're really set on upgrading to Tein coilovers, check out some of the other suspension posts regarding them. I know the SS can be had for $1149 at Modacar (http://www.modacar.com) . I think Showstoppers USA (one of the vendors that posts here) has the best price on the Type Flex, $1525 last time he posted. Just give Chuck a call and he'll hook you up.

BTW: How much do they want to charge you for the replacement shocks and struts?

EP33
02-14-2003, 07:19 PM
Really dough, Koni ??? Koni can shorten their shock bodies so you can still roll around on the ground in yo EP.

New Honda suspension replacement parts have historically lagged. Maybe you can call Nissin in England or PM one of those guys in the U/K on availability of some used ish.

Good luck. I hope those blown shocks don't start to affect your tire tread. BTW did they leak oil?

BLAZE
02-20-2003, 06:02 PM
well this is the latest. i am getting the wraps put on friday afternoon, 255/35/18 check em out, best dry and wet traction i can find with an ok lifespan.

and in 2 weeks my tein ss's will be on the car.

i have already scuffed my new dc sports b pipe, which sounds good by the way.

Jpax
02-20-2003, 06:20 PM
What About JIC coilovers ? they are good...:D

BLAZE
02-20-2003, 09:10 PM
ahh, but the ss are aprox $1000.00
where jic is aprox $2000.00
i think i saw somewhere that the jic are for the rsx
not sure
i would love to spend 2k for some, but this will allow me to buy some big brake's
:)

BLAZE
02-24-2003, 04:32 PM
went to honda today and they said they couldent find anything wrong with the right side....
even though i have the right rear coilover up 1/2" higher than the left, the car is still sitting down on the right

they said i need to take it to a body shop and let them see if the frame is straight