PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change Helppppppp!!!!!

Feng
02-14-2003, 04:24 PM
OK how the fuck do you get the old filter out? It is impossible to maneuver my arms and hands to get to it. Has anyone done this figure out how to do it? How should I go about to change the filter??????? also the dick heads at honda gave me the wrong filter...fuckers, and i already change the oil. Will the oil gush out when i take the old filter out? i don't want to buy 30 dollars worth of motor oil again after 10 miles. HELP HELP guys, thanks.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
02-14-2003, 04:29 PM
yes all the oil will come gushing out if you remove the filter with out draining the oil first...

if i were you i'd bring it to the dealer and tell them to do an oil change for free since they screwed up and gave you the wrong filter...
that is of course, if you bought the filter from the dealer...

Feng
02-14-2003, 04:34 PM
i did buy it from them and i shall do that, thanks, i'll give those fuckers a mouth full and make them give me a S2K...hehe j/k! thanks again.

feng

JSIR
02-14-2003, 06:18 PM
well it really helps to have an oil filter wrench of the proper size, I remove mine from above the engine, comes off very easily with the right wrench. I bought mine from Honda, was way overpricec but works like a charm. The factory filter is on really tight if this is your first oil change , they are a bit tough to get off. Some guys put a screwdriver through the filter and spin it off. Given the location of the Honda filter I dont think any oil will pour out if you take off the filter, it seems to be higher than the oil pan sump.

civic hatch boi
02-14-2003, 11:15 PM
ask for the PLM-A01... its the smaller one. get a filter wrench.