PDA

View Full Version : New To Everything

MattyNukem
02-14-2003, 07:28 PM
Hi all,
First thing I have to say FINALLY I HAVE FOUND AN AWESOME SITE that contains shiz for 2002 Civic SIs. Second I think my car is fucking awesome even though it is stock. Ok, now for the real shiz..... I am completely new to modding cars because this is my first actual car. I was wondering if there are any free mods for the car. I really want to mod my car, but I have no money to mod it. Anyone in the Phoenix area have a modded SI? Alright thanks all.....-Peace

DynaSpeed
02-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Free mods?

I would say to start taking off emblems at your own discretion... not that it's a "performance mod" or anything, but a modification to your own taste in vehicles.

Free Performance mods - You could start by tightening up your throttle body cable, and cutting out the fins in your stock airbox. There's threads here that involve that.

Jpax
02-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Hi...

If you find some free mods let me know...:D

SeatownEP02
02-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Hi
welcome to the site, im sure you will find wat ever help u will need and remember to use the search feature

free mods??...hmmmm

GET A JOB

IceD out N CALI
02-15-2003, 08:51 AM
welcome the site

TrippZ
02-15-2003, 09:20 AM
Welcome. there's some CHEAP mods that a few of us (or few of them, i havent figured crap out) have stumbled upon. Such as the custom intake.

Pretty much, all you do is take off your stock airbox with all the connections except for the rubber elbow that connects onto your throttle body. Be sure to have a 3" air cone/filter on hand, because well... thats the point. put it into the other end of the elbow, put on a clamp (you should know what i mean, one of those rings where you can screw a screw on it and itll get bigger or smaller/tighter or looser depending on which way you screw (left loose right tight)), and you're done. Loud as crap. Go to ebay and look up an RSX-S short ram intake, that's good too. IT HAS TO BE TYPE S THOUGH!!!!!

TrippZ
02-15-2003, 09:22 AM
oh yeah, there's also the midpipe.

go to your local muffler shop, and ask for a 2 and a quarter inch pipe from your cat down to your muffler. It's supposed to have some pretty good gains. not loud at all, just makes the car a bit deeper