PDA

View Full Version : Sway Bars and crossbars????

Si02
02-15-2003, 01:58 PM
Whats the differences and does it matter what brand you buy? Thanks.

JSIR
02-15-2003, 03:48 PM
I dont think there is much difference between brands of upper strut bars and lower tie bars, they all seem to work the same. There has been recent talk about 3 point upper strut bars which attach to the firewall as well as shock towers. Personally I am going with Neuspeeds bar, its double attachment point should be plenty to eliminate any twisting motion. For a rear lower tie bar I am using the DC sports tie bar, they all seem to work similarly though.

Rear anti-roll bars are quite different between manufacturers, you have differences in bar thickness, attachment points, reinforcement, bushings and endlinks. I am running the RSX-S rear anti-roll bar at 19mm thickness, it seems plenty strong enough to reduce body roll. It is quiet, works great, and uses stock Honda parts, good fitment, no reliability issues. I dont' see the need for anything larger for typical street driving, if you are into serious auto-x or track driving you might want something like 22mm.

Si02
02-15-2003, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the info!!!:D

Suk02Si
02-15-2003, 10:52 PM
also watch out for cheapy struts found on ebay. I have bent a rear upper from ebay. I'm holding out for the DC titanium or D3.

lewjay
02-16-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
also watch out for cheapy struts found on ebay. I have bent a rear upper from ebay. I'm holding out for the DC titanium or D3.
Is it that 7.99 bar? I'm thinking about getting it. :o:o:o

I like D3's rear bar, BUT their design get's in the way of cargo....

I need a bar that runs flat along the hatch area AND actually strengthens.