PDA

View Full Version : Does the Si have soul?

snubnose
07-27-2002, 04:30 PM
One thing I have been unable to put in words until now is that the Si has soul.

Some cars have soul because of, not in spite of their idiosyncrasies.

One cannot look at the spartan interior of the Si, the controls, stick, and wheel, without instantly feeling at home.

No, it does not have a 12 disc CD changer, auto climate control, or red, green and blue plastic lighted buttons littered all over the dash.

But it has everything I need- no more and no less. Everything I need on a long trip across the desolate dead of night highway.

I feel the Si is the best of Germany, Britain and Japan.

Germany because of its Euro styling, its similarity to the VW and the Porsche, and its intention for the Autobahn.

Britian because it was assembled in England.

Japan because it is designed by the legendary Honda engineers.

A car has soul the way a beautiful woman does: you mate with the machine and learn its special ways- how to make it happy, how to maintain it, how to make it howl with pleasure.

Driving the Si is an intimate experience, as intimate and complex as making love to a beautiful and complicated woman.

Anyone who has shifted the leather wrapped, dash mounted shifter from 2nd to 3rd knows what I mean.

I am sure that if anyone else ever tries to drive my Si, it will instantly drive itself off a bridge and commit suicide.

That's how close we are.

iR-VTEC2
07-27-2002, 04:40 PM
Preach on my brotha! It's about time someone said something like that.

MadMax
07-27-2002, 04:45 PM
ROTFLOL :D

Dude you crack me up!!!

A car has soul the way a beautiful woman does: you mate with the machine and learn its special ways- how to make it happy, how to maintain it, how to make it howl with pleasure.

Someone is in need of a g/f ?

iR-VTEC2
07-27-2002, 04:49 PM
Max, i totally agree with Mr. Snubs. My previous car....was a female. My gf at the time (ex gf now) was being all pissy to me once. We were on our way to the movies. We parked and she got outta the car and closed the door and it LOCKED. I didnt touch the lock. It just did.

Another time, same pissyness, the car just DIED. I was like um...It wouldnt start. She got out, the car started up. She got in, the car didnt start. I was like WOW!!! this is nuts. I guess it could be some kinda coincidence but damn.

MadMax
07-27-2002, 05:15 PM
Wow... reminds me of the stephen king book/movie Christine where the car tried to kill that guys girlfriend.

However if the Si starts displaying those sorts of tendencies (refuses to start for no logical reason) you could probably trace that back to:

I feel the Si is the best of Germany, Britain and Japan.

No offence to the Brits, my other car is british and i love it, but they do have a certain reputation for that kind of thing.:rolleyes:

iR-VTEC2
07-27-2002, 05:25 PM
My accord was made in "Japan". And it only did that when my gf was around. I think there's a special relationship between a car and its owner.

Most people think im crazy, and they're right but....i think cars have feelins.

civic hatch boi
07-27-2002, 06:41 PM
i love my si as much as the next, but you guys are extreme. its a car.

Mulder
07-27-2002, 07:13 PM
LOL:D :D

Beautiful the way you worded it, almost like poetry :p

stingyboy
07-27-2002, 07:26 PM
dude, if you ever get "Honda" or "Si" tattooed anywhere on your person, i personally will hunt you down and slap you.

get a grip, it's a car. a nice one, yeah...and i love mine as much as the guy;but still, it's only a THING.

iR-VTEC2
07-27-2002, 09:49 PM
so is a girlfriend. A girlfriend is a thing. If you love something...why not shout it out eh?

DJQuikFingaz
07-27-2002, 11:16 PM
so is a vagnia. A vagina is a thing. If you love something...why not shout it out eh?

Type X
07-27-2002, 11:18 PM
i bet u bought the green one :)

CleanBlackSi02
07-27-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by DJQuikFingaz
so is a vagnia. A vagina is a thing. If you love something...why not shout it out eh?

Shout out.

punkdork
07-27-2002, 11:30 PM
Can it make Soul Food?

iR-VTEC2
07-28-2002, 01:40 AM
Vagnia lol