PDA

View Full Version : 4th time in row...I can't stop, help!!!!!!

gito
02-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Guys this weekend is the 4th time I've gone to the Honda dealer to drive the Si, I just can't stop:) actually I have been in 4 different dealers so I won't to explain why I am coming back to drive it sooo often:) We drove it through the railroad crossing and we did not feel the bumps, that's what I like about it, and the steering wheel is just perfect, the shift it's also incredible, it's soo precise. I can't wait for my tax return to buy it:):)

JSIR
02-15-2003, 04:12 PM
hurry up an buy one then !, you can get some damn smokin deals on 02 models being cleared out. Plus you get the red stitching on the steering wheel which I've hear was deleted on 03 models. They are a nice ride IMO, they aren't the fastest cars around, but a damn nice all around car.

EViLsneakyDUCK
02-15-2003, 05:29 PM
there is red stitchin on 03s. Since I have red stitching on my steering wheel for my blue 03...btw, hopefully prices dont go back up when you get your check :)

IceD out N CALI
02-15-2003, 06:15 PM
cool:cool:

TrippZ
02-15-2003, 06:19 PM
yeah go get one then.

JSIR
02-15-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by EViLsneakyDUCK
there is red stitchin on 03s. Since I have red stitching on my steering wheel for my blue 03...btw, hopefully prices dont go back up when you get your check :)

really, I thought some guy recently posted about not having red stitching on his steering wheel and I heard a report that it was deleted for 2003. Dunno whats up with that. But thanks for the update, good to hear they keep the red stitch. How about the shifter is that the same ?

BSEVEER
02-15-2003, 07:29 PM
My 02 doesn't have red stitching...go figure, I guess some got it and some didn't.

EViLsneakyDUCK
02-16-2003, 12:55 AM
all stitching is red for me :D Im thinking that some cars just randomly didnt get the red or Honda ran out of red and had to make a quick replacement color or something

pocketrocket
02-16-2003, 01:59 PM
Im thinking that some cars just randomly didnt get the red or Honda ran out of red and had to make a quick replacement color or something

at least it wasn't pink

SiR Medic
02-16-2003, 02:34 PM
:)

I don't know what it is about the EP that makes us want to drive one again as soon as we get out of it!

I was hooked after 1km...

zensuit
02-16-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
:)

I don't know what it is about the EP that makes us want to drive one again as soon as we get out of it!

I was hooked after 1km...

No shit...I had two quick lefts out of the dealer and by the time I was shifting into third I knew I wanted the SI...strange...less than 3/4 of a mile....

Z

golferjn
02-16-2003, 06:14 PM
the ep is awesome. keep us posted. hope everything goes well

EPHatchgirl
05-05-2003, 09:13 AM
Same happened to me when my fiance and I took it out for a test drive (I hadn't driven much stick before the EP, so I let him pull it off the lot and get us out of site to switch out:D ).....
My fiance at first said he couldn't get into the looks of the EGG, I mean, EP... but as soon as we pull off the lot, and get into third.... VTEC kicked in and his eyes got real big. He said, wow this actually moves. It felt great. Once we switched drivers, I was hooked instantly as well. I don't know what it is either, but there is something about this car that makes you want to take it out for a drive.... always!

IchBinEinSiR
05-05-2003, 10:05 AM
Get the car... quick!:D

If you look around the forum you'll find people discussing the shortcomings of this car, and I have participated in these discussions as well. But, once you get back in the car, roll back the sunroof, and start the car... everything feels soooo good!

The only thing that really stands out are the tires and wheels. Should have come with the FP wheels and tires that the US Civic Coupe EX came with, and similar wheel well gap. Or perhaps a little stiffer suspension settings, a mid-pipe that actually looks like it BELONGS with the exhaust system that came on it... sorry, starting again! :p

Buy it while there are still thousands to be saved, and then swap and mod with the cash you saved!;)

Be one of us... come to the EP side!

Makross
05-05-2003, 10:10 AM
get it while their HOT:p

ep pilot
05-05-2003, 07:29 PM
Same here, I drove it maybe on the shortest testdrive ever, got on the freeway and realized how much zip the car had at freeway speeds, liked how composed the car was, low wind noise, and all of the expenssive materials used throught the cabin. I don't feel like I downgraded from my Volkswagen. I was sold in about five minutes, and to think I came on the lot looking to get an EX Coupe or an '03 LX Accord. Drove hom in the SI:)

-Ryan

SiR_d1
05-07-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by BSEVEER
My 02 doesn't have red stitching...go figure, I guess some got it and some didn't.

Yeah!

My shifter doesn't have the red stiching. I just thought they were stinge and didn't give me one

BarracksSi
05-07-2003, 07:21 PM
Stop it! No more test drives! YOU CAN DO IT! Just quit cold turkey, and say to yourself, "I will no longer test drive another Si."

Buy the damn thing. ;)

Like others here, I don't think I made it more than two turns before I wanted to buy one. I had test driven several other similar cars in the past year or two, but nothing seemed to be "right" like the Si was. Turned out of the dealership lot, turned left onto the main road, and I was done. The salesman pointed me into a curvy residential area, and by that point, I was just playing around.

ghettoprettie
05-07-2003, 11:25 PM
i didnt even test drive it at the dealer.. ;-)

cbecker333
05-08-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by gito
We drove it through the railroad crossing and we did not feel the bumps, that's what I like about it

Thos must've been some pretty damn smooth tracks - I get rattled like a muh' fugguh' when I go over any crossing. Smooth ride was definitely not a selling point for me - but the tight cornering that results from tighter suspension was.

02SiHB
05-08-2003, 05:29 PM
I have an 02 w/red stiching