PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a K20A2

SiCivic2k2
02-16-2003, 06:04 AM
Alright, I'll be coming across some money soon. (I love tax returns) :D And I'm looking into getting an engine swap. I was wondering how much the dealer would charge for an RSX-S motor and putting it in and if they would warranty it with their normal warranty? Also, how much could I expect to get for my engine with about 15,000 miles on it?

So:

1. Where can I get an RSX-S engine and transmission?
2. How much should I expect to pay?
3. How much for installation?
4. What kind of warranty can I get?
5. How much can I expect to get for my engine?

Thanks for any info. guys. I appreciate it.

Dunrick
02-16-2003, 09:51 AM
I dont know about the warrenty thing, I bet there is some dealer somewhere that will do the swap w/ a warrenty.....A dealer will probably charge about4k for all of it.....and probably like 500-750 for installation...you can probably sell your engine if it has low miles for about 2.8-3.3k

If you were to buy from a private seller (no warrenty) you could find the engine/tranny/ecu for about 2.8-3.5k depending on miles and what not. Find a shop that will do swaps for fairly cheap...

All in all a dealership is going to charge more, for the warrenty, and they get away w/ outrageous installation prices.....I'm not totally sure they would install it at a dealership for 500-750, that is just a guesstimate. Hope some of this helps, some other guys will help you out a lot more....Talk to Port or Modern_perf, they both got the swap.

If you plan to go turbo, I say stick to the k20a3, if you want to go all n/a go w/ the k20a2.....imho PEaCE!)#@*#@%*:p

elroygun
02-16-2003, 11:33 AM
If you plan to go turbo, I say stick to the k20a3, if you want to go all n/a go w/ the k20a2

Can't you put a turbo on a k20a2 also?

Also, I asked an Acura dealership how much a complete motor swap from a k20a2 and they said $10K, before labor and taxes.

IceD out N CALI
02-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by elroygun

Also, I asked an Acura dealership how much a complete motor swap from a k20a2 and they said $10K, before labor and taxes.

haha, 10k + labor/taxes what a joke

Dunrick
02-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by elroygun

You can throw a turbo into any car --- 10k is crazy prices....If you want a warrenty that bad....Then do it, but 10k is crazy, you could make your stock engine really fast for that price.....its up to you though....

IceD out N CALI
02-16-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by SiCivic2k2
Alright, I'll be coming across some money soon. (I love tax returns) :D And I'm looking into getting an engine swap. I was wondering how much the dealer would charge for an RSX-S motor and putting it in and if they would warranty it with their normal warranty? Also, how much could I expect to get for my engine with about 15,000 miles on it?

So:

1. Where can I get an RSX-S engine and transmission?
2. How much should I expect to pay?
3. How much for installation?
4. What kind of warranty can I get?
5. How much can I expect to get for my engine?

Thanks for any info. guys. I appreciate it.

1.ebay, on car boards like this one(look around)
2. between 2.5k and 4k
3.aprox. $800
4. not sure if honda warranty applies
5. between 1.5k-3k
*on a side note modern-perf got 3.5k for his A3-dont know how but hey more power to him

TrippZ
02-16-2003, 11:58 AM
modernperf made 700 off his swap actually lol

SiCivic2k2
02-16-2003, 01:57 PM
Alright, thanks alot guys. I've been trying to keep my eyes open on ebay and the forums. I'm really looking into getting this done. I have a pretty reputable import shop near me that will do it. I'll have to ask them how much it would cost to do the swap. 10k is crazy for before labor and taxes. I'm hoping to only loose about $2,000 on the whole thing. Get the K20A2 for $4,000 or less and get about $2,500 for mine. That's $1,500. Then labor for the swap. We'll see, thanks for the info. Keep it coming

modern-perf
02-16-2003, 02:15 PM
modernperf made 700 off his swap actually lol

:D

elroygun
02-16-2003, 05:39 PM
Since the RSX-S will probably be offered for quite a while now, do you think there is a good chance to do a K20A2 swap (with low mileage) three or four years from now?

I heard that there is going to be a 6-speed Accord coming out, do you think this engine will be swapable into our chassis?

modern-perf
02-16-2003, 05:44 PM
There IS a 6-speed Accord out...but it is the V-6. The feasibility of swapping the C-series engine into the EP3 chassis has been discussed at length in several posts. Do a search.

StrangeShadow
02-17-2003, 01:55 AM
I heard that they may be bringing a 6 speed k series accord out, but I'm not possitive, jut a grape-vine thing through honda dealer "friends."

--modern-perf--
do you plan on putting in a turbo?
AND why in the world did someone just say it was better to put a turbo on a k20a3 then on a k20a2??!!
why not engine swap and turbo?!?!
type r w/turbo = better (than) si w/turbo right? someone help me out here if I'm wrong? cause I know I WANT the 6speed/
real i-vtec/ecu/ to say the least...
AND last of all would it be better to get the k20a2 swap, or just and i-vtec controller (to program when you want the i-vtec to kick in)?

PoRT
02-17-2003, 10:25 AM
you guys have no idea what the vtec's on the A2 sound like:D (or maybe ya do, lol) my car sounds like a freakin beast. i have at lease 1 person a day tell me how good my car sounds. i love it. just had to add that in:p

Dunrick
02-17-2003, 10:37 AM
a2 does have a nice tone - fo shizzo

modern-perf
02-17-2003, 02:13 PM
It especially sounds nasty sucking through an AEM CAI!!!

swampdonkey
02-17-2003, 02:29 PM
The K series accord you're probably thinking about it the JDM/Euro accord which is being brought here as an acura called TSX. It has a 2.4 K series and I think 220hp. Should be a good swap.

swampdonkey
02-17-2003, 02:31 PM
and the reason the A3 is the better turbo car is because it has a better compression ratio for forced induction. The type-s has 11:1 which is pretty high. You couldn't run as much boost on it.