PDA

View Full Version : Mods, and your 30k warrenty

SiRedliner
02-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Hey, 4 days ago I traded in my ageing Supra, for a Brand new 03 Si. It's pearl Blue (Color written on the sales tag), I bought it with 14 miles on it. Needless to say I am on the go ALOT cause just 4 days later it has over 800 miles on it. Yes I was overtaken and raced it before the break in. I don't push it too hard, but I have't really followed break in to a T (Hopeing it will be ok). Well already I have decided to MOD it. What I am worried about is the Warrenty. Do you guys know if it is ok to do some mods to your car without it Voiding your 30k base Warrenty? All I have planned is a CAI and full exuast.

Thanks

Cody

TrippZ
02-16-2003, 12:24 PM
any modification will void certain aspects of the warranty. for example, your CAI will void your air intake warranty, and your exhaust will void your exhaust warranty. BUT, if there are any problems taht occur, the dealership MUST PROVE that the problem was due to the modifications. dont worry though, most dealerships know that people with Si's are going to do these basic bolt ons. go ahead and ask them though before hand. its never bad to make sure.

TrippZ
02-16-2003, 12:25 PM
and, please tell us more about your supra... :-D:cool:

SiRedliner
02-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Well, that's good, I don't really need a lifetime replacement garrenty on a exuast I didn't plan on keeping from the start. if I have to I'll just keep everything till the end of 30k miles. One thing though, do you guys think I've been to hard on the Si. I havn't redlined it yet but I have come close to 6500 when shifting. I know I should have broke it in better, but guess I got a little too caried away.

SiRedliner
02-16-2003, 12:42 PM
OH the Supra. I loved that Supra. It was the first car I had ever payed for all by myself. I had it for 2 years, it always had something wrong with it though. It was an 87 Turbo Targa, burgandy pearl. 87 was the first year Supra's where turbo so that is the main reason why I got it, and honestly I liked the body style of the MKIII supra's better than the MKIV Twin Turbos. Finally after all this time it developt Rod Knock. After a couple of months with a Knocking sound I let my boy Barrow it to take some guys home. When he come back the motor had gone all to hell and was making a HORRIBLE Clicking Banging sound. I drove it for about a week like that and desided that it wasn't going to last for the rest of the month. I checked around thinking about fixing it, but passed the Honda Dealership in Hickory NC and saw a Beautiful Blue Si. Stoped looked at it and 2 days later traded the Supra in on it and drove off the lot with it. Here's some pictures of it.

Thanks

Cody

SiRedliner
02-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Here's another

SiRedliner
02-16-2003, 12:51 PM
Here's the 7M-GTE, BPU+

TrippZ
02-16-2003, 12:59 PM
awww that sux.

i was hoping you had the latest body style though :X

but anyway, im sure it was fast as crap. you made a good switch though :D

TrippZ
02-16-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by SiRedliner
Well, that's good, I don't really need a lifetime replacement garrenty on a exuast I didn't plan on keeping from the start. if I have to I'll just keep everything till the end of 30k miles. One thing though, do you guys think I've been to hard on the Si. I havn't redlined it yet but I have come close to 6500 when shifting. I know I should have broke it in better, but guess I got a little too caried away.

dont worry about it, i was a jackass with it and i played real rough with it. its a tough car. itll be ok